• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Needless Blu-Ray Covers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote
The Needless blu-ray covers are rather cheesy and risque, showing chicks in tattered clothing or up-skirt shots waiting to happen.

The DVD covers are cleaner, and I like them better. Are the blu-ray covers reversible, or are these different covers a blu-ray "Bonus"?
(Negative, IMO) Anyone have blu-ray one and can confirm/deny?

(I don't know how to resize with the img tag, & said tag doesn't seem to work unless the link is explicitly to an image file's location--ie not RightStuf's site images--so I can't easily post examples, but I'm sure they're known already.)
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Are the blu-ray covers reversible, or are these different covers a blu-ray "Bonus"?

No reversible cover. Sentai Filmworks don't really do reversible covers. The only known one was with the 2nd collection of Daphne in the Brilliant Blue.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, that basically kills my chances of getting the Needless Blu-Ray. Oh well. Thanks.
Starsplash Taiwan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:00 pm Reply with quote
No offense, but if you have trouble with the cover, you might have trouble with Needless. Its pretty ecchi from what I heard. Unless you are worried about kids seeing the cover.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
No offense, but if you have trouble with the cover, you might have trouble with Needless. Its pretty ecchi from what I heard. Unless you are worried about kids seeing the cover.
This.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote
I already saw Needless. I thought the dub was better than the sub (From what I saw streamed), and I'm a fan of the revived Stephen Foster cast, so I want to support their venture.

The covers don't really reflect on what Needless is about--they make the show look like it is basically Freezing with only quasi-loli characters. Even knowing that the show is supposed to be spoofing the cheesy cliches of the shounen of today and yesteryear, the covers don't represent the show.

Why can't I have the cover that does represent what Needless is ultimately about...and have the blu-ray? The DVD covers are perfectly fine IMO.

Also, I am mildly reluctant to have those covers in my collection. I'd rather have even the new Mnemosyne box then this. Not because I'm a stranger to ecchi, but because its corny over-the-top ecchi cover won't fit in between Ergo Proxy and Planetes. One of these things is not like the others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1