• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf's rain edits!!!!!!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel Dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place, or I'm not suposed to do this. But I have been infomed of some WR edits. No biggies but they did delete stuff that was need for the continuation of the series.

Episode 26 - They cut the ending. they didn't show spoiler[Cher, Hubb, The wolves, and Cheza get out of the palace Alive.] They just started to play it and then cut to the pre recorded ending.

Episode 27 - They cut the opening....it had Darcia I he was doing these monologs.....that was also needed. because it tells what happens next.....here's the transcript.... http://www.livejournal.com/community/wolfsrain/445585.html?style=mine
I just wanted to make this known over here.....
Slayer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:20 pm Reply with quote
THis is OUTRAGEOUS. We must INFORM the people AS soon as possible. LEt us go! Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. I really dont care since I never watched wolfs rain.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Be a little more specific in saying who it was that edited this.

After reading that website, I realized it was Cartoon Network that did this, not Bandai. CN has to do things to fit their broadcast schedule.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:30 pm Reply with quote
It's really stupid too, since it's apparently bringing the running times of the episodes down to less than 20 minutes. Just about every other show they air is longer than that.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
THis is OUTRAGEOUS. We must INFORM the people AS soon as possible. LEt us go! Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. I really don't care since I never watched wolfs rain.

Wow, if I were a mod I'd think such trolling would be deserving of an immediate ban. Popping into a topic that you admittedly don't know or care about just to post a sarcastic comment, how more textbook could that be?

Anyways, I do think CN should be ashaamed about this and should try to fix it somehow. They cut the running times of their shows way too much. The worst part is that they're always running the same comercials, I probably know ever CN commercial by heart now. Sad
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:33 am Reply with quote
Slayer wrote:
THis is OUTRAGEOUS. We must INFORM the people AS soon as possible. LEt us go! Sorry that sounds a bit sarcastic. I really don't care since I never watched wolfs rain.

You know, there is a good reason why it's called ADULT SWIM.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:46 am Reply with quote
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Slayer wrote:

you know the more I watch there original programing the more I wonder why the hell the anime is edited.

theres alot more questiable stuff going on there original programing then in the anime. But irc arent the edits done by the studios and not CN? I remember reading that some were maybes its a hybrid some editing done by the companys thats distroing and some by CN?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
emory

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:07 am Reply with quote
Angel Dreamer wrote:
Episode 26 - They cut the ending. they didn't show spoiler[Cher, Hubb, The wolves, and Cheza get out of the palace Alive.] They just started to play it and then cut to the pre recorded ending.

They supposedly cut that so that people wouldn't think the series was over and stop watching.

cyrax777 wrote:
Haiseikoh 1973 wrote:
Slayer wrote:

you know the more I watch there original programing the more I wonder why the hell the anime is edited.

theres alot more questiable stuff going on there original programing then in the anime. But irc arent the edits done by the studios and not CN? I remember reading that some were maybes its a hybrid some editing done by the companys thats distroing and some by CN?

Did anyone bother to completely read the first post?
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:

Did anyone bother to completely read the first post?

Yes, and then I completely gave in and wrote what I did. And I was too busy watching Trackside Live on TVG.
Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Wow, if I were a mod I'd think such trolling would be deserving of an immediate ban. Popping into a topic that you admittedly don't know or care about just to post a sarcastic comment, how more textbook could that be?

Anyways, I do think CN should be ashaamed about this and should try to fix it somehow. They cut the running times of their shows way too much. The worst part is that they're always running the same comercials, I probably know ever CN commercial by heart now. Sad

Chill out. I was just joking. you dont gotta take it so seriously plus its not really like I dont care. Its just that I never really watch the show so it dont bother me none. I dont believe its trolling. Plus that comment kept this thread going so I believe it added spice to the conversation. Anyways the other dude said it is Adult Swim. I dont know if he was talking to me but if he is implying that I am acting childish (cause if you are!) then I find that very offensive. But I am technically still a child although for the most part I dont act like one anyways I'll try to not post too many "sarcastic" comments if people are gonna whine or ban me for them Very Happy
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:34 am Reply with quote
did they even show episode 26 on CN? they showed episode 25 on the 11th then showed it again the next week then skipped to episode 27 on the 25th.
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote
samuraiwalt wrote:
did they even show episode 26 on CN? they showed episode 25 on the 11th then showed it again the next week then skipped to episode 27 on the 25th.

They showed episode 26.
True_Knight_Blue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Wolf's Rain is my favorite anime show, yet, I never see posts about it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
.com person

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:50 am Reply with quote
True_Knight_Blue wrote:

Well then you could start posts about it yourself then. Little cuts but still... I don't watch it but my friend does. In my oppion Hand Maid May looks pretty good and will proboly be my next favorite anime.
ksb

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
True_Knight_Blue wrote:

Me neither, we should start some.......................
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2