• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
phycic acadamy

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quaze6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote
this looks like a good anime, but i dont know where to find it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:49 pm Reply with quote
What's it about?
quaze6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:55 pm Reply with quote
a girl goes to a phycic acadamy to follow in the footsteps of her famous brother. i saw it origionally on another site, but it is in the encyclopedia. it is an ONA, so i dont know how to get it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Animefan16

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I just remembered that I saw an ad on this show in a Tokyopop manga. I guess Tokyopop has this.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:22 pm Reply with quote
quaze6 wrote:
a girl goes to a phycic acadamy to follow in the footsteps of her famous brother. i saw it origionally on another site, but it is in the encyclopedia. it is an ONA, so i don't know how to get it.

I remember seeing the streams from... Lycos Japan, IIRC. Same site that did the Maho Yuugi streams. They've been removed for quite a while now.

It was most likely released on R2 DVD. The anime, AFAIK, is unlicensed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
?????????
It's a boy in the manga! No, I hope you've just got it confused with the 2 girls chasing him.
I read they were short eps, so I'm not too hopeful of it making it to dvd.

It takes place in a world where psychic powers have only just been discovered, so any child exhibiting them is shipped off to the academy like it or not. Our protagonist likes it not. All he wanted was to attend a normal school & stay away from his doting brother who saved the world.
quaze6

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:28 pm Reply with quote
mabey they changed it . it is good?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:46 pm Reply with quote
No they didn't. The protagonist is still a boy, although his first name is quite feminine (Ai is ususally a female name).

As for its story, well, it ended abruptly due to the same reason of Ai Yori Aoshi ~Enishi~: manga has not finished yet. Worse yet, its short episodes give little time for character interaction and development. I've read the manga so I understand what's going on, but I don't recommend it to those who have never read the manga.

Lots of fan service. I like Aki Katsu's girls, BTW. Laughing

And please note the correct title is Psychic Academy or, if you feel Greek, Ψchic Academy.

EDIT: To CCSYueh: R2 DVDs have been released. It has regular and limited editions at amazon.co.jp.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quote
Animefan16 wrote:
I just remembered that I saw an ad on this show in a Tokyopop manga. I guess Tokyopop has this.

Yeah, TOKYOPOP does have Psychic Academy anime and manga.

animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=192

No release date info or specifics, though.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:25 am Reply with quote
I'm losing faith in Tokyo Pop anime.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Psychic Academy is a so-so anime, I'm sorry to say. Furthermore (at the risk of spoiling it for you), it has a somewhat abrupt and not very satisfying conclusion - for the usual reasons.

Still, it has its funny or charming moments, and PLENTY of fanservice. It's worth a viewing, but don't strain yourself trying to find it.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:50 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Psychic Academy is a so-so anime, I'm sorry to say. Furthermore (at the risk of spoiling it for you), it has a somewhat abrupt and not very satisfying conclusion - for the usual reasons.

Still, it has its funny or charming moments, and PLENTY of fanservice. It's worth a viewing, but don't strain yourself trying to find it.

- abunai

Well, it was just a collection of like 10 min. episodes, right? So..you can't really expect too much from that.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:51 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
Well, it was just a collection of like 10 min. episodes, right? So..you can't really expect too much from that.

True enough, but the counterexample is Asagiri no Miko, which had the same format - and did very well with it.

- abunai
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1