• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Section23 Adds Coffee Samurai, Hoshizora Kiseki, Allison & Lillia

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The series is based on a light novel series by Kino's Journey creator Keiichi Sigsawa.

Definitely picking up this one then.

Hoshizora Kiseki is a maybe.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Allison & Lillia? Really? That's great! I remember enjoying this one quite a bit when it came out, and had given up a lot of hope of seeing it licensed. Section 23 is definitely bringing me a lot of stuff I want, so I'll have to make sure to reward their good taste.

Yeah. Section 23's willingness to go out for an (relatively) older show sits well with me, especially since I enjoyed Allison and Lillia a lot.

spoiler[Now I can relive its horrible ending on home video!]

Last edited by Big Hed on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Duraccano

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote
oh yeah! I was hoping someone would get Allison & Lillia Smile
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
OMG I'm so HAPPY!!! Allison and Lillia can't wait to get my hands on it.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

EDIT: AKA this one for those who are curious as to what I'm talking about.

Now that actually sounds funny, I'll have to see if Netflix gets those sometime. And I remember watching Allison & Lilla and not liking it that much so a pass on that from me.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Sailor S wrote:
Allison & Lillia? Really? That's great! I remember enjoying this one quite a bit when it came out, and had given up a lot of hope of seeing it licensed. Section 23 is definitely bringing me a lot of stuff I want, so I'll have to make sure to reward their good taste.

Yeah. Section 23's willingness to go out for an (relatively) older show sits well with me, especially since I enjoyed Allison and Lillia a lot.

spoiler[Now I can relive its horrible ending on home video!]

I don't think I ever saw the ending.

Does Lillia ever spoiler[find out who her dad is?]
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Both seems interesting. Will have to look through it before I made up my mind to purchase those titles.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Allison and Lillia is right up there among my favourite shows of all time, so even though I'm very disappointed that it's sub-only, I will get the set...Hoping that ADV eventually does dub it and offer a replacement plan. =P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Nope. And that wouldn't have bothered me too much were it not for the fact that spoiler[the last few episodes overall are something of a... trainwreck.]

Last edited by Big Hed on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Definitely want to get Allison & Lillia. I really enjoyed it and its clever way of incorporating a story and its sequel (Allison and Lillia & Teize) into one continuous anime. Its a nice way of doing things, keeps us from begging for more from shows that may not do well enough to get sequels animated on their own. Just incorporate them into one title and all is good.

Hope Section23 picks up other somewhat older titles that have been passed over. Still waiting on that Library War license!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Hope Section23 picks up other somewhat older titles that have been passed over. Still waiting on that Library War license!

Wait, 2008 is "relatively older" now? Please. Was Glass Mask 2005 considered ancient when it was licensed then? Anyway, let's see some more licenses from Sentai that go even more "relatively older"... Like, oh, the first half of the 2000s maybe. There's still plenty of titles from that time that still should be licensed. Stuff like Gaiking (2005), Akagi, GaoGaiGar FINAL, Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo, Ring ni Kakero 1, Kanon 2002 (I'm sure there are people who would buy it), Twin Spica, the Mazinkaiser movie, and many many more.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Nope. And that wouldn't have bothered me too much were it not for the fact that spoiler[the last few episodes overall are something of a... trainwreck.]

Admittedly that was a bit of a letdown, but the journey up til that point was quite good so overall I have a good impression of the show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Come on, Section 23 - pick up Zombie-Loan and dub that sucker. Money in the bank, I promise ya.

But good on you for continuing to license previously unreleased titles for physical distribution. It's been 6 months since Funi has made such an annoucement so you've got the field to yourselves, apparently.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
Admittedly that was a bit of a letdown, but the journey up til that point was quite good so overall I have a good impression of the show.

Quite. It isn't the kind of thing that would stop me from enjoying the show again.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Whoomp wrote:
Booo at the person that wrote this article. Coffe Samurai is the title of another series from Comix Wave and not an alternate title of Hoshizora Kiseki. They will be bundled together on the same disc when Sentai releases them in "R1-land".

With the way it was worded in the PR in transition between the two story synopsis, and with the slash in between the titles, I could see how the confusion could be made (AoD/Mania.com seems to have made the same mistake, where I first found out about this and was subsequently confused, myself), although that isn't a knock on how the PR was written, it's just one of those mistakes you can make at a quick glance with how the transition was cleverly set up. I had to read it carefully a second time, too, before I got the distinction (and the last line and 60 min. runtime listing helped, too).

Glad to see Hoshizora Kiseki available here. It certainly was beautiful to look at in all of its Shinkai-esque glory and while it wasn't the absolute best, Akio Watanabe didn't do too bad of a job with it. Since it's being double-billed with another CoMix Wave production at an attractive price, I wouldn't mind pocketing a copy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3