• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Fan Gets 3D Poké Ball Tattoos/Subdermal Implants

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenji_Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
That is just... freaky. wow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote
He should get an anime babe tattoo with 3D boobs, then y'all would be praising him. Laughing
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Whatever they placed under his skin... is it soft or hard? I assume it will keep moving inside his skin either way, and that reminds me of that carnivore insect from The Mummy.
Now imagine those things moving under his skin... uhh, sexy.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Now imagine those things moving under his skin... uhh, sexy.

If I'm remembering correctly (and hurray if I'm not), some folks actually get similar implants in there penises, so, um . . . yeah . . . I guess it might be for certain people.

As for me, I watched my new BD of The Thing last night before bed. On of John Carpenter's best works, in my opinion. The old school special effects really looked good in HD. Flesh tearing, people exploding. I slept like a baby. The photos in this news item made me want to vomit.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If I'm remembering correctly (and hurray if I'm not), some folks actually get similar implants in there penises, so, um . . . yeah . . . I guess it might be for certain people.

And here I thought I said something awful.

Anyway, it's already been 5 months since it's been done. Maybe by now he's already replaced his real balls for pokeballs?
lkmjr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Woah, check out the stitches on that guy's arm. That looks painful, stupid, and incredibly dedicated – but mostly just painful.

Looking at the scar and the Poke Ball-shaped lumps makes my skin crawl, though.
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This guy is probably going to want a girlfriend that turns her breasts in Master Balls or something.
Tattoos are fine, when they're of something cool or meaningful. Poke balls, no matter how big a fan you are, will make horrible tattoos.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Zilan wrote:
Wonder how much of an idiot he'll feel like when he grows up? Also I can't begin to imagine the health complications them implants may cause. What an idiot.

I personally have nothing against tattoos and have a well educated relative who has some himself, but this is just going way too far. This is borderline obsessive, rather than just being a casual fan.

Imagine how much scarring this guy is going to have when he removes them (either by choice or because they up giving him cancer or some health concern), not to mention how much it's going to hurt for several weeks, plus the money that is required to pay for this operation.

Also, who is going to hire him with those "things" hanging out there? Yes, tattoo's are becoming more acceptable in the work place, but even a company that has extremely lax tattoo rules isn't likely to go for this. Maybe a tattoo shop might hire him, but even then, to work in a shop like that, I think you need to be certified or something along those lines.

Yes, while you are young this might be "cool" or whatever, but what consequences will this spell later in life? Are you willing to accept that the scarring is likely to
never, ever go away and that you might even lose your arm in the process?

This is more disgusting than admirable. What would happen if he got in accident and these implants exploded? He could easily lose that arm or and lose vital nerve tissue there.
Sunday Silence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:
This guy is probably going to want a girlfriend that turns her breasts in Master Balls or something.

Been done in the Manga already:

Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Sunday Silence wrote:
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:

Been done in the Manga already:

Good ole Japan, if it can be done, it will be done eventually. Even if it is really, really out there.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
This depresses me.
Saturn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote
...it looks like a spinal chord. In his arm Anime cry
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
This depresses me.

I just wonder though, how he paid for this (if he really is a kid after all) and if he is, why his parents paid for this? I have a coworker who told me about the ins and outs of a hospital and based on what he has said and what I've heard over the years, there is a ton of papers that must be signed and if the person is under 18, I heard that a parent, doctor and witness must sign certain forums as well.

I watch House and have watched ER, but real life in a hospital isn't that exciting and isn't cheap either.

But seriously, what were his parents doing at that time?
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Simple. He is most likely a rich kid who has parents that don't really care about their child mutilating himself, all for the sake of Pokemon fandom. How else can he afford to make "more additions" (as he states in the article)?

Stay tuned for 3D Mario 1Up mushroom tattoos in the palms of his hands.

Last edited by Rukiia on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I'm gonna go with B)"not giving a damn." Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6