• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Name of an anime I saw on TV 9 Years ago?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifter_Blu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey, i need help from all the older otaku, that are old enough to remember an Anime that was aired on T.V. here in the U.S. about 9 years ago. Ya see, about 9 years ago, when i was about 6 years old, i saw an Anime (or at least i think it was) and i can't remember the title or very much else because i only saw 1 episode twice. I'm pretty sure it was an Anime, it might not have been, i'm not sure, i'd just like to know what it was because it was pretty good. I'll start be telling you what i remeber. All i can remember about the show is that it had about 2, maybe more, children in it, the main character's were a young man, and a large blue wolf thing. The two of them seem to have a problem with another large wolf thing (this one is white though) and it seems that the white wolf is the blue wolfs younger brother (as i remember a sceen when the blue one was remembering when he and the other one were pups and the blue one was teaching the white one about humans. (By the way, both of these animals can talk). Then the next thing, and last thing i remember is a sceen where the white wolf thing is standing on a cliff with evil black wolf things all around him, and he himself is looking very evil.

Well, thats about all i can remember. Please if someone remembers something please tell me!!! If you have any questions or anything to say that might jog my memory, just say it i'll be happy to answer any questions or respond to anything you say. Anything to help me remember what it is I saw.

PLEASE POST AND PLEASE HELP ME REMEMBER!I WOULD BE SO GREATFULL! Hope to here from you soon.

[edit - Topic Ajusted -t]
mfhq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like Monster Rancher.

You can take a better look here:
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=500

Hope you find what your looking for!
Drifter_Blu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
OK, i'll check it out, if thats not it i'll say so.

Thank you very much!!!
Drifter_Blu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:06 pm Reply with quote
And as just a reminder, everyone remember that i saw this when I was only about 6 or 7 years old, about 9 years ago, ok?
Animefan16

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
It's impossible that it's Monster Rancher since it came to the US in 1999. That was 5 years ago.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Actually that descprption is sorta giving me deja vu, but I can't put my finger on it. This was broadcasted in the US, right?
Yomiko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:18 pm Reply with quote
To me it sounds like a show called White Fang based on the novel but I'm pretty sure thats not it. White Fang is not an anime.
Haiseikoh 1973

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 am Reply with quote
Dumb question, but did the show have this character?

http://www.legendcup.com/images/wallpaper/mranime_pixie1.jpg

If not, then you can rule out Monster Rancher.
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:37 am Reply with quote
Yomiko wrote:
To me it sounds like a show called White Fang based on the novel but I'm pretty sure thats not it. White Fang is not an anime.

You know it sounded like White Fang to me as well (I read the book in Jr High), so I did some searching and there IS a animated version of White Fang from ten years ago that ran on HBO

http://www.toonarific.com/show.php?show_id=2058
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296281/combined

It isn't Japanese but French. Still, I think this could be what the original poster is thinking of Smile

PS: I'm not a older otaku in any way, shape, or form Twisted Evil. Still I did need to go over and check out Kaena: The Prophecy after seeing part of a commercial for it tonight on Adult Swim. Turns out it's French as well (not surprised but I was curious who made it Smile )
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:04 am Reply with quote
mfhq wrote:
It sounds like Monster Rancher.

Definatly Monster Rancher. He just described a scene where Tiger is openning up about his past and telling a story about him and his brother Grey Wolf talking about humans which leads to Grey Wolf hating humans and eventually joining Moo. The rest of his pack is made up of evil purple Tigers.

But yeah, this episode isn't 9 years old, it's from 1999 as already pointed out.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quote
If you want to be sure about if it's Monster Rancher or not, you can always ask:

-Was it about a young boy, the master of videogames, called Genki?
-Did he had as a partner a small, pink creature called Mocchi?
-Did them also had as a partners a giant Golem (called Golem), a little one-eyed creature called Suezo, and a boxing rabbit called Hare? Apart from a human girl called Holly?
-Where they fighting agaisnt 4 "big bosses"? If I remember well, a creature without body called Gary, a tiger (which could be the brother of the tiger you mentioned before), and a creature that looks like a giant snake? (I'm not sure if it's called a nague).
-Was this tiger?

P.D: I'm glad I still keep old magazines I bought when I was a child...
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Sarki-Kun wrote:
[color=darkblue]If you want to be sure about if it's Monster Rancher or not, you can always ask:

Keep in mind that they only saw one episode and most of these characters didn't appear in that episode, let alone will he remember their names from that. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Drifter_Blu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:40 pm Reply with quote
OK, to start out...

J-Syxx = Yes it was broadcasted in the U.S. I was in my grandparents house in California at the time.

Haiseki 1973 = If you remember from my original post, I said that I only saw 1 episode twice, so I can't be sure.

Yomiko and MeggieMay = It wasn't White Fang I asure you.

Sarki-Kun = Please remember that I only saw 1 episode twice, but the character "Tiger" is oddly familiar (because the big blue animal thing was my favorite character from what I saw) but I could have sworn I saw it 9 years ago. But I also don't have a very good memory, so it might not matter.
CyberSilver

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:44 pm Reply with quote
It isnt Monster Rancher though. he's already said "FROM 9 years ago". There are OTHER animes with wolves.
Drifter_Blu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Please people, if you have any other ideas, please let me know. And to the last dude who posted, I'm really starting re-think the 2 days I saw this episode. It might not have been 9 years ago, all I really know now is that I really wasn't that old, and the fact that I don't have a very good memory plays a signifigant role, too. I only remember what I saw from the episode. Not much else.

And THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME, I REALLY APRECIATE IT!!!!! Smile

And keep it coming please, you guys are really helping.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2