• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Show us your Media Shelves (primarily anime).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:55 pm Reply with quote
OK, having both Gold and Silver makes sense since the only way to "catch em all" is to trade via cable link. However, I don't get why you have both Diamond and Pearl since you can just use the GTC and friends codes. I am amused at how we counter each other, though. I have Red, you have Blue. I have SoulSilver, you have HeartGold. We do share Yellow, Crystal and Diamond, though.

Let me guess, since I'm getting White, you're going to be getting Black?

And you have no Gen 3 at all, and those are actually pretty good, better than Gen 2, at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Let me guess, since I'm getting White, you're going to be getting Black?

Omigod! Are you psychic or something? But yeah, I am seriously going to be getting Black since I like how the white legendary looks more. I had that decided ever since I saw the Japanese cases and had that fact established. Now I just need to wait until my friend gets back from abroad to use his Gamestop employee discount....
Also, I got Pearl before Diamond if that makes things any creepier.

Quote:
And you have no Gen 3 at all, and those are actually pretty good, better than Gen 2, at least.

Maybe that pic didn't load right for you (it is there, entire pic of GBA games), but I have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, and Leaf Green. There's no real reason that I have three complete trios of Pokemon games whatsoever except that Nintendo really likes my money. And I really like Pokemon. In fact, I'll probably end up getting White and....whatever the B&W trio game ends up being (Grey?) at some point too because I am kinda psychotic that way. It's a wonder I don't have Fire Red and Soul Silver too. I did have Red at some point, but I lent it to my friend back in elementary school hoping we could play together then she turned beyotch and I never saw that cartridge again, but just for the record I did have it at some point in history.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm a Zekrom guy myself, which is weird, because I usually tend to lean towards Fire types, but I love that generator ass Zekrom has.

Quote:
And I really like Pokemon.

I really like Pokemon too (I even bought Battle Revolution), but I can't imagine myself ever going for the trio. Aside from a few Pokemon (who I can easily get thanks to GTC), they're the exact same game, and that's saying something when talking about Pokemon games. I do admire your dedication, though. Do you also have a huge card collection?

Oh, and to send us further into the Twilight Zone, I have FireRed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I do admire your dedication, though. Do you also have a huge card collection?

Nope, I had some cards way back in the day and I honestly kept all my holographic cards, but I got rid of the rest sometime in middle school. It was always about the games for me, not the anime (well, not past the Indigo League like most everyone else), nor the cards, but the games, the games have always been my crack.

And getting both Ruby and Sapphire made a lot more sense than getting both Diamond and Pearl because at lest Ruby and Sapphire have different enemy teams and slightly different plots, Diamond and Pearl are the exact same game, but Black and White sound like they'll have some more major differences that might make it worth my time to get both, but I'll start with Black.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote
Have been meaning to post mine, so after I got a figure of Yuuno from Nanoha today I devided to grab my camera and see what I could do.

So here is an album of my colection I have in my room. http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn135/Bradleigh19/My%20Colection/
Since my collection of anime and manga is still rather small and un-impressive I included my games/Halo stuff that is also among my shelves.

I really need more, but seeing your bank balance go down to less then 100 dollars and knowing that you need to buy expensive textbooks slows that dream.
archaron

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
You have a nice collection all the same DuskyPredator.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:00 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator

Can you please show me the other sides of those Haruhi Suzumiya and FMA art boxes you have? I am drooling here.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
@DuskyPredator

Can you please show me the other sides of those Haruhi Suzumiya and FMA art boxes you have? I am drooling here.

I didn't really think of of it til you mentioned it but that does look nice and made me curious... little googling and I found this guy's pics...
http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=681594&sid=7bfefe86f1ea78b77b965e20bd5731cb#681594

looks nice, but it does beg the question... what's with the lemons?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, it's only about 4 DVDs big, meaning it can't hold the Season 2 set, the Movie, and both volumes for Haruhi-chan. I'm better off just getting the Taiwanese art boxes.

I am still curious about the FMA box, though.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I posted mine in the subscribers section so I'll also share the photos here for non-subscribers to see:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v393/DiGiRyuu/Collection/

Spastic Minnow wrote:
I drooled over the Haruhi boxset. Would love to own that to store my singles in.
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:20 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator: Is that an alien facehugger on top of Master Chief's helmet?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for saying that my limited colection is nice, at the moment I am also trying to get hold of Spice and Wolf which was just released here.

Ok I added a couple of pictures of my FMA box. It realls only the second half of the series, it seems I missed out on the first half boxes, and well to be honest there are other whole series I would rather buy then FMA.

I am very fond of myHaruhi Boxset, I had actually colected 3 of the 4 volumes when I saw it and just had to buy it, you can probably see it better on the Madman link rather then me trying to do it. Another feature with this boxset is that along with having the 4 volumes, it also had a volume "S" which had two DVDs with the entire series in the orginal broacasting order

@ Sea Lion - Yes it is an alien facehugger, I got it from my "Hunter Edition" of the AVP game. It came with the cool figure and I though what better place to put it then on my Spartan Helemt which is on my bedside table right next to where I sleep. Ok you forced my hand at adding my Alien and Predator colection which I keep on the shelf below my anime, to be honest it is why I chose my user name.

EDIT: I got the second half of Clannad and Spice and Wolf so I put an updated picture of my fourth anime shelf.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the pics, DuskyPredator.

Now then, the only two Australian sites I use are Madman and Chaos, and they both have it for $80 and $83 respectively. So, is there a cheaper place than those to buy it Anime smile + sweatdrop ? Ebay Australia wasn't much help either, as usual.

Quote:
I am very fond of myHaruhi Boxset, I had actually colected 3 of the 4 volumes when I saw it and just had to buy it, you can probably see it better on the Madman link rather then me trying to do it. Another feature with this boxset is that along with having the 4 volumes, it also had a volume "S" which had two DVDs with the entire series in the orginal broacasting order

Wait, are you saying that art box is actually 5 VOLUMES big? If so, that would be interesting since that can hold season 2, both Haruhi-chan singles and the movie. Hm...decisions, decisions.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I'll be overseas for a year starting soon, with no access to libraries/Netflix, and very probably no internet at home. So I've been choosing a little collection of DVDs to take with me to supply my anime viewing for the coming year. Some I bought specially for the trip.
It's a mixture of old friends and new, with the emphasis on longer series. (Though I will probably add in a few Ghibli films at the last minute.)
Section 1
Section 2
Section 3
Section 4
Section 5
Section 6
What do you think? Will I go loopy from too much seinen/shoujo craziness?
Obviously I'm not taking any boxes (They'll be safer back home), so I need to get some serious DVD wallets. Any recommendations appreciated.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 pm Reply with quote
@ailblentyn
Whatever you decide to bring, bring stuff you can watch in near any mood without ever getting sick of. Episodic stuff is good for this, but I'd also bring along a few things with highly structured stories, when I was at the dorm and had a DVD binder, sometimes I just wanted a full on story. Perhaps something short like a good OVA or 13 ep series might be a good plan too. Also, have you seen Avatar: The Last Airbender? That's a series that has both episodic feelings sometimes and an overarching plot, I've seen the show with my DVDs at least thrice as a result, it's well worth the space :3

Anyway, I have some new collection pics too! I'll just post my anime this time methinks
Stuff in singles format
Robotech stuff!!
movies and short OVAs
thin and thickpacks 1
thin and thickpacks 2+non-anime cartoons
-I converted a few things to thinpacks here, the one inbetween Brigadoon and Mysterious Cities of Gold is Speed Grapher
artboxes 1
artboxes 2
artboxes 3
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 84 of 86