• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your favorite anime Karaoke songs!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amasa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:57 am Reply with quote
Throughout the last year karaoke has been a big past time of mine so now I consider myself an expert. Well, in the last eight days I've been to karaoke seven times - and I'm not talking an hour or two each day! Today I went for four hours, yesterday I went for four hours, the day before that I went for 6 hours! My voice now sounds like sandpaper rolling on crunchy leaves!

BUT! In those seven days my skill at singing has improved by 517012847 experience points and I can officially sing Japanese songs which makes me very proud and happy.
As I'm typing this I just remembered that not many people will have much access to sing Japanese songs at Karaoke Sad but I'll post it anyway just to see if anyone's as obsessed with karaoke as much as me. Stupid me, now I just remembered that I'll have no opportunities to ever sing Japanese karaoke when I get back to Australia! Oh noes, panic attack. I need to book karaoke tomorrow!!

Okay.... getting back to the topic.

Well
5) 鳥の詩 (Tori no Shi) by Lia, is an excellent karaoke song. It's fairly slow, easy to sing, has it's forcable high parts, and is a lot of fun with a great beat! I sing it everytime I go to karaoke and get better at it everytime.

4) 惨酷な天子 (Zankokuna Tenshi) by either Youko Takahashi, Shiroh Sagisu, or Megumi Hayashibara is another favorite. It's an absolutely awesome song to sing, everyone knows it, most karaoke places have scenes from Eva on video as a backdrop, and it's super easy (as long as you've listened to it a million times before). I found that for some reason only Takahashi's version has furigana and the other two versions (all three are entered into the database at most places) don't which means that I couldn't read most of the kanji when I tried them.

3) I couldn't decide whether Sanctuary by Tamaki Nami or 立った一つだけ (Tatta Hitotsue Dake) by yozuka* should go here so I think it's a tie. They're both fairly similar songs. They're very universal and sound great whether your a man or a woman singing it. They're both easy rock type songs and very catchy. Tatta is a challenge and one worthwhile! At times it has some tongue-twisters or fast lines or suddenly slow words or long syllables but once perfected it's great. Everytime I finished karaoke it's always this song I have stuck in my head for the rest of the night! Sanctuary on the other hand is more liked by all my friends and they always want to sing it with me (but I'm a microphone whore and refuse to let them). The words are very easy to pronounce and sing, the notes sound difficult to reach but are very easy if you've listened to the song enough times. It sounds very professional once you've perfected it!

2) 月光花 (Gekkouka) by Janne Da Arc is a very popular song, for a reason. It's so nice to sing and very easy and no matter how bad your voice is it will still sound great, but obviously if you sing it really well it will sound superb. To be honest I'm not even a huge fan of the original song but when I sing it I love it! I'm convinced that I sing it better than Yasu, but that's just my opinion.

1) あふれて[ゆくのはこの気持ち] (Afurete Yuku nowa Kono Kimochi) by AmaeTai!! is my favorite song to sing at karaoke, and it should be everyone's (as long as you're not afraid to sound a little bit poppy Confused ). If I'm singing it with friends, as soon as I sing the first unforgettable line everyone forgets what they're doing or the conversation they're in and looks at the screen to see what magical song is playing. It's so catchy and cute and fantastic that everyone loves it and is singing along by the end. The funny thing about this song is that when I'm thinking of the lyrics in my mind it's very difficult to get my mind around every syllable, but then whenever I sing it the words just run out and the sounds seem so instinctive so it becomes very easy.

Some fun challenges for those hardcore singers: Beautiful World by Utada Hikari is extremely difficult to sing but very beautiful once practised. Bouken Desho and Hare Hare Yukai by Suzumiya (Hirano & co.) are also very difficult but of course great if you can sing that fast. Sakura Saku by Megumi Hayashibara takes a lot of practise to get around but as it's one of my favorite songs I think it's worth taking the challenge. It's Gonna Rain by Bonnie Pink is super easy to sing and sounds wonderful no matter how bad your voice is but the difficulty is reading the kanji, all of the karaoke places I've been to NEVER have furigana for the kanji in this song only for some reason! Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokura-chan is very easy and fun to sing, but the challenge is getting over the shame of singing it in front of friends...
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quote
I can't go out to sing karaoke to Japanese songs (since I live in America), but I collect karaoke tracks and sing along to them for fun all the time.

My absolute favorites are Mizu no Madoromi from Fantastic Children and Ano Yume no Mukou he from Fullmetal Alchemist. They're both very slow and gentle songs, but there's enough emotion in them that they're not boring. I particularly love Mizu no Madoromi just because I like the quiet mood of the actual verses, and then the feeling of letting my voice go at the chorus part and just belting it out.

Another karaoke track I've been having fun with is Ai no Melody from Gin-iro no Kami no Agito. It's a bit of a challenge at the higher parts, but on the rare occasions I manage to hit it right through the entire song, the harmonies of the backing vocals make it sound amazing. I also like trying to see how cutely I can do the spoken part toward the middle of the song.

One karaoke I've gotten recently and am still getting the hang of (but enjoying) is Towaie from Shaman King. It's a hard song for me because I have sort of a low voice, and the song was originally performed by Hayashibara Megumi. I'm gradually getting better at it, though, and I love doing the freakout part at the end with the electric guitar.

I've also been known to get up and do Trust You (also from Shaman King) for a laugh at parties :p
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:11 am Reply with quote
I collect karaoke tracks too, and sometimes, I make my own karaoke tracks using a program I got from the internet (I think I found out about it through Saki). You can use it to devocalize any music file you have on your PC.

Anyway, my favorite is Rolling Star by Yui from Bleach. It's a bit hard to sing, since it's so fast and Yui's voice is so high pitched. I'm always out of breath by the time I'm done. I still like it cause even though it's hard, I still have fun and I seem to do a good job singing it.

I also like Joint by Mami Kawada from Shakugan no Shana II. Truth be told, I suck at singing it Laughing but I really love the song. There's an instrumental version available, but it doesn't have background vocals so I devocalized the original track and combined it with the instrumental version to come up with a track that has background vocals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sirgalahadthegreat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:41 am Reply with quote
Thus far...it has to Silly-Go-Round by Fiction Junction YUUKA, or Blaze by Kotani Kinya. Both songs have very meaningful lyricsm and I love singing along to them, though I suck at singing (In fact, I'm doing it right now).
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Things that have very punched or pronounced syllables, like Crystal Kay songs or other really fluffy, poppy stuff. I love to sing, but I don't know the language very well, so I have to know the words distinctly.

I enjoy singing "Butterfly," though. That's gotta be an otaku cliche. Laughing
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Amasa wrote:
Well, in the last eight days I've been to karaoke seven times - and I'm not talking an hour or two each day! Today I went for four hours, yesterday I went for four hours, the day before that I went for 6 hours! My voice now sounds like sandpaper rolling on crunchy leaves!

That many hours could really get expensive. I used to go every so often, but would mainly punch in X Japan and Luna Sea (along with some Guns and Roses) songs since most of the places I frequent have a good selection of metal, but a limited selection of anime songs. I wish that the existing anime songs would have footage from the anime, but suppose that licensing fees are to expensive.
yukikanou

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Amasa wrote:
Throughout the last year karaoke has been a big past time of mine so now I consider myself an expert.

You may be an expert in that, but...

Quote:
5) 鳥の詩 (Tori no Shi) by Lia...4) 惨酷な天子 (Zankokuna Tenshi) by either Youko Takahashi, Shiroh Sagisu, or Megumi Hayashibara...Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokura-chan

...you need help on reading.

鳥の詩(とりのうた) "Shi" is rendered as "uta"
残酷な天使のテーゼis the full title
and it's 撲殺撲殺天使ドクちゃん
KokoroMiwa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Lol I come across this thread looking for easy anime songs to sing. The ones in the first post are... I find them a bit harder... Frankly, I REALLY like the Soul Eater Opening, Black Paper Moon and Kamisama Kazoku Opening, Brand New Morning. But, what I find is soooo interesting, is that on youtube, it's pree-tty hard to find a shorter, opening karaoke version. They always post the LOONG, full version... I guess it's copyrighted? I mean, at least just posting the lyrics and not the images would be okay...right? I go karaoking a lot; there's this Korean Karaoke place that has more Asian songs than English. So me and my friends search up lots of Japanese and Korean songs that we find in animes or dramas. Yay~ Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1