• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Vol.2 DVD box set.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I did not know that GITS: SAC vol.2 is gona be a box set. It is so weard. any one know when it is coman out?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Actually, you may be thinking of the special edition Vol.2. It's got the regular edition DVD, the DTS DVD, and a soundtrack.

It's all covered by a slipcase, and the only difference between it and the standard edition is the extra stuff (DTS, OST, and slipcase).

It is currently available at your local electronics or movie retailers, but Bandai had a mess up in the labeling.

Apparently, the DTS discs were labeled the normal ones, and the normal ones were labeled DTS.

Bandai is trying to get them fixed, but there is no word yet on when replacements will be available.

Each volume (out of 7) will have both a standard and special edition and each special edition most likely (though I'm pretty sure all of them) will have that slipcase and some kind of special extra, much like .hack//SIGN did.

I'm sure one of the future volumes down the road will have a box for the entire series though, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Smile

To see an example of the special edition, look here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1