• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inuyasha Question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I have seen the first 70-odd episodes of the Inuyasha TV series and the first movie. Here's my question for someone who has seen more than I have and/or has read the manga on which it's based:

Is it ever revealed anywhere why Kagome and Sota's father isn't in the picture? Presumably he's dead, but are there details anywhere?

In the content I have seen, there's only ever been one brief reference to him, when Kagome's mother was telling her about the circumstances surrounding her father's proposal.

Granted, this isn't a plot point or anything (unlike with the other regular cast members), but I am curious.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:09 am Reply with quote
Well, Takahashi said something like this in an interview of why there are lack of mother figures in Ranma. The other parental figure would bring order to things and you'll pretty much be ruining why the series is so good because of it's dysfuntcionality
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1