• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatstoodamnbad

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:23 pm Reply with quote
I am stuck whether or not to get Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi. I enjoyed the first season, but I have heard mixed opinions on Enishi. Any help?

Dennis
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Most viewers consider it inferior compared with first season, for it fell into the stereotypical harem anime genre (in which every female begins to fall in love with the lead male, just like the latter part of Love Hina) and emphasized less in character development. The worst thing is, at the end spoiler[there is no conclusion for their relationships.]

I agree with these point of view, but I have to speak for it, for there's an obvious explanation: the manga version has not yet finished, and anime producer and script writers can't drift too much away from the original work, not to mention giving away the end before the original creator does (unless they want to create alternate retelling intentionally). There is an important twist of plot, where spoiler[Kaoru's grandfather is no more than a dying old man rather than the tyrant he used to be, and a new heir of the Hanabishi family has just emerged.]

I'm looking forward to the story following this plot. Maybe they'll release an OVA to cover the final part of the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
rainking187

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as how the manga is still ongoing, I'm almost sure there will be a second season of Enishi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1