• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Spring/Summer Preview

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or are we missing Zac's take on the first episodes of the new shows starting from April?

Or perhaps he's found too many of them to be full of crap, so he's not gonna bother? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quote
I think Zac no longer works at ANN, and is now an editor for Anime Insider. I could be wrong on that though.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Well, we know he writes for Anime Insider, but he was already working for them when he did his last preview as well, so that's not necessarily the cause for there not being one now. I always enjoyed his wit and humor when approaching even the most crappy of new series and I've been looking forward to what he'll bring to the table next. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Zac is the new associate editor for Anime Insider and no longer works for ANN. You can still enjoy his wit and humour by picking up the mag.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Zac is the new associate editor for Anime Insider and no longer works for ANN. You can still enjoy his wit and humour by picking up the mag.
yeah from what he told me they wont let him write for anyone else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Congrats to Zac on his promotion!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't somebody else take up the job? Maybe a forum goer who has a talent to write. I would, but I can't write worth beans. Maybe not that bad but I'm no Shakespeare.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Wow. So, Zac-sama is gone, huh?

I actually like a lot of his reviews. That's a darn shame. He gave some good insight and a few good jokes too.

Well, as for the actual topic, is it supposed to be "brand-new and straight from Japan" kind of anime, or just new to the U.S.? I'm not very up to date with what's new in Japan anyway, so I guess it really wouldn't matter.

I just wanted to congratulate Mr. Bertschy on a job well done at ANN and on his promotion to associate editor on such a prominent magazine.

Good luck, Zac-sama. Wink
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Wow. So, Zac-sama is gone, huh?

I actually like a lot of his reviews. That's a darn shame. He gave some good insight and a few good jokes too.

Well, as for the actual topic, is it supposed to be "brand-new and straight from Japan" kind of anime, or just new to the U.S.? I'm not very up to date with what's new in Japan anyway, so I guess it really wouldn't matter.

The former.

Example
Cassandra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I'd volunteer...but well...Zac was so GOOD at it that it would just kinda....suck if it were anyone else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Indeed, I feel the same way. I'd have my own way of presenting material honestly, as I don't have the same type of sharp wit. While I would be more than happy to offer up a review of the first episode of many of the new series, I don't know how well recieved I would be. However, if you are willing to take submissions, I'll be more than happy to try my hand here. After all, a critic can't care too much about how others feel, because in the end, it is his own views that are being published.
Goshin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:16 pm Reply with quote
At what point, exactly, did this discussion turn into the ANN version of American Idol? Wink

If you guys are truly serious, and if ANN is taking submissions, then it would be best if you came up with your own writing style. There’s no point in trying to imitate someone else’s work. Besides, those are pretty big shoes to fill.

As for the preview guide; well, I’m sure one of the staff member’s could pick it up. And if not, oh well, I’m certainly not going to lose sleep over it.

Zac will be missed.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
I'd volunteer...but well...Zac was so GOOD at it that it would just kinda....suck if it were anyone else.

If my BitTorrent wasn't so sickeningly slow (since...a summer preview would likely involve downloading a lot o' fansubs...), I'd have volunteered by now. But alas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:15 am Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
Yeah really I dont think any of us have the same magical ability to pull scathining sarcasm like Zac can.
not to mention the classic captions. Beside how many of us have cast iron eyeballs to put up with the amount of crap Zac had to endure to write the guide alot of the shows on the last one I couldnt even get past the 10 minute mark before I hit alt f4 and procided to delete the file.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:24 am Reply with quote
Well, in all fairness, I can watch just about anything, even the worst of it all in it's completion. Smile

Of course, we all have our limits
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2