• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help Determining Movie Name

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dedalus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:21 am Reply with quote
Hello folks.

I hope your vast knowledge can help me. It was several years ago on the Sci-Fi channel when they used to have what was called Saturday Anime, I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about. Well, I saw a movie they ran a few times, and I for the life of me cannot remember it's name.

I'll Describe it. It has been awhile sense I've seen it, so some of my descriptions might be off. Please bear with me.:

I believe it began with a masacre on a space ship by the villan monster.
Girl's Brother(might be Boyfiend, can't remember) killed by monster villan he is fighting. They may be bounty hunters (Girl and Brother that is). He gave her some type of seashell necklace before he died.
Girl seeks revenge on monster.
Girl becomes main character.
When people travel in space, the roof of the craft is made out of and covered by some weird prism system.
The monster was humanoid in appearance. His head looked like one of those round chinese/japanese pointed hats that farmers there were, and in the center of his forhead was another head that would launch forward on some type of tentacle to attack.
I also believe there is a nonanimated version of this movie.

I hope my meager memories of this movie will help someone recognize it.

Thanks in advance,

Dedalus
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:58 am Reply with quote
That's "Iria - Zeiram the Animation"

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dedalus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:37 pm Reply with quote
It sure is. Jesus, I've been looking for years. Many thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1