• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
romance recs lists & 1-liners

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darc_knight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:39 am Reply with quote
Okay theres many types of romance animes that have sub categories, so when you start to identify which appeals to you more, its quite towards whatever type of anime u like. One is romance-action; and to name a few animes of this category: there's Shakugan No Shana, Busou Renkin, and others. Also, another category is the romance-comedy, drama. Some include Love Hina, Suzuki, Kanon... Theres different animes that have diffferent formations of ramance.
Anyways, I seem to like watching romance animes now. Maybe i haven't found a good action anime for a while, but romance animes always make me have a smile. They really are speacial. I've recently started to watch Maremalade Boy, Nana, and Kare Kano. They all have some good features and some bad so ill watch them as more time progresses.
I dont have a favorite romance becuase it then seems like I'm choosing my favorite anime. Beucase theres so many sub categories to romance, i can't choose the best one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Hesasa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Is there a way to sort the Anime list in the Encyclopedia by genres? I keep finding new animes (romance) that most people dont know about which are really good, but since most people dont know about them they are never mentioned when people recommend other shows. And its kinda hard to browse through that huge list... it would be cool if i could sort them by their genres.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Hesasa wrote:
Is there a way to sort the Anime list in the Encyclopedia by genre?

People have been asking that for years. Only Dan42 can tell you when this will happen. That's why we've made threads like these in the meantime, until that day arrives.
tsukimori.len

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:04 am Reply with quote
~LA CORDA D'ORO

~FRUITS BASKET
viny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:19 am Reply with quote
let's c now. This is kinda ranked by the afterglow of the anime after i watched it, the lower the number, the longer the afterglow

1. Honey and Clover( 1n2)
2. Kanon
3. Bokura ga ita
4. Clannad (probs, haven't got up to the romance part...)
jeffword

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quote
I love those romcom harem animes..!
They're always so robust, and it's always a pleasure to see people root for their favorite girl/guy option in every series..

I've seen quite a lot, and it's one of, if not already, my favorite genre(s).

I was just wondering if there is any series that sticks it neck out and stands out more then the rest.
spoiler[Nerine knows she's the best choice for him. (Shuffle! Reference)]
tenchi8891

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
school rumble seasons 1&2 where really good check them out, there both a mix of comedy and romance.Theres also Tenchi Muyo, if you like harem thats #1 on my list.Please Teacher is another good one it's got a great ending in my opinion.And finally the series i just got finished with...... RENTAL MAGICA! check that one out i gave it a 9/10.
tsubasafan1993

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I can't Believe I forgot Basara course thats more qualified as manga then anime but they did animate the first five volumes

{MODERATION NOTICE: Stop posting and read the PMs that you have been sent. You will find a link at the top of the window saying "You have X private messages". Click it. Read them. NOW. You are this close to a ban. -- abunai}
Maclam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm I've watched quite a few nice romance anime.... Here's a list of the one i truely enjoy

Ayashi no Ceres: awesome serie... the dubbed version of Aya kinda destroy the english version though Smile

Ai Yori Aoshi: sweet, sweet, sweet.... but Tina's Habit is kinda weird and out of place.

Saikano: was good.... i can only bare to watch it once... it's too depressive wayyyy to depressive.

Love Hina: not bad.... but watching a guy getting beat up by girls all day long can get really annoying after a while

Rumbling heart: Cliche anime.... and i hate all 3 main characters

Gunparade March: now this i like... really nice and funny relationship between our 2 lovers Smile

Samurai tales of horror: Beautiful and awesome ending theme song.... kinda creepy at time.... but i love japan folklore Smile

Well there's a lot more but it wont all fit in this post Smile
Sora87

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quote
I've done a lot of researches before i wrote this so take my word for it and I bet you won't regret it.

[EDIT: No listing. See Teh Rules. ~Zalis]

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1