• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[done] Split: Makiko Yamazaki (#80658)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
Makiko Yamazaki should be split into two entries:

Makiko Yamazaki (animator)
山崎真貴子
Staff in:
(2001) Animation Runner Kuromi (OAV) : In-Between Animation (D.A.S.T.)
(2002) Kanon (TV 1/2002) : Key Animation (ep 6)
(2003) InuYasha the Movie 3: Swords of an Honorable Ruler : Key Animation

Makiko Yamazaki (photography)
山崎真紀子
Staff in:
(2009) Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ (movie) : 2D Work
(2009) Kimi ni Todoke - From Me to You (TV) : 2D Work
(2010) Sengoku Basara Two (TV) : 2D Work
(2011) Kimi ni Todoke 2nd Season (TV) : 2D Work
(2011) Moshidora (TV) : Photography (eps 1-2, 5-10)
(2011) Usagi Drop (TV) : Photography
(2011) Tamayura - Hitotose (TV) : 2Dワークス
(2011) Guilty Crown (TV) : 2D Work

I'm not really sure what the "2D Work" job is supposed to entail, but the Photography and 2D Work credits all share the same kanji, year range, and company worked for (Production I.G).

Last edited by EmperorBrandon on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Any reason you don't want to do it yourself?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Any reason you don't want to do it yourself?

Wasn't sure if I've been OK'd to do so. I'll finish it myself then, though I want to hear if anyone is familiar with what the "2D Works" job is and if it's related to "Photography". I would like to give the person an identifier that's already in use ("photography"), but that's a minority of her credits.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
"2D work" is possibly something like compositing, which would fit in with "photography" as the role exists now.
Might be worth looking at the relevant credits to see if there are other people actually credited with photography on the same shows.. OK, that is annoying as apparently that is indeed the case for Guilty Crown, at least how it is entered here (and I'm still waiting to see what legal streams will be available here - Guilty Crown is not one of them thus far - so I don't have access to the Kanji).
The only show I have immediate access to is Usagi Drop.. and darn it, I came only to check a few things, watch Persona 2 and go to bed.. and it is nearly 3am and my computer is messing me around (nearly got the episode buffered up to the end credits when it decided to reload the page and start all over).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:03 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Might be worth looking at the relevant credits to see if there are other people actually credited with photography on the same shows..

It is the case with Tamayura certainly, though "Photography" in that series is handled by a different studio (Asahi Production) that Yamazaki is seemingly not affiliated with. She's listed right under Production I.G for "2D Works" there, and I noticed all other series she is credited in (whether "Photography" or "2D Works") had animation production by Production I.G so it appears she works for them at least.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote
Maybe it is to do with 2D CG elements like monitor graphics?
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
split: animator / photography
but I have to say I'm intrigued by the meaning of "2D works"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1