• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Tokyopop mangas on the website

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tis Grief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Evidently Tokyopop's got some new stuff that they haven't announced yet.

Crescent Moon: http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=MIK&categorycode=BMG

Info: Originally published in Japan as Mikan no Tsuki (literally 'An Incomplete Moon'), Crescent Moon is the story of Mahiru Shiraishi, the 'Descendent of the Princess' and her encounters with the 'Lunar Race,' a tribe of demons whose powers are awakened by the moon, strongest at Full and weakest at New.

After Mahiru has a haunting recurring dream, she meets the Lunar Race, which consists of the vampire Nozomu, the werewolf Akira, the fox Misoka, and the tengu Mitsuru. They need her help to recover the 'Drops of the Moon,' the recently-pilfered source of their power.

As the battles to recover the Drops rage on, Mahiru tries to open up the dark, human-hating tengu Mitsuru, and form a bridge between humans and the Lunar Race.

(Sounds pretty interesting, looks good)

Mahromatic: Automatic Maiden: http://www.tokyopop.com/dbpage.php?propertycode=MAH&categorycode=BMG

Info: Mahoro is a battle android created by Vesper to defend the Earth against alien invasions.

Having fought long and hard on behalf of Vesper, she only has 37 days left before she stops functioning. However, if they remove all her battle functions and equipment, Vesper can lengthen her life to 398 days. As thanks for her hard work, Vesper lets Mahoro choose how she would like to spend her remaining time.

She chooses to work as a maid for a boy named Suguru Misato.

Mahoromatic was originally published in Japan as a six-volume tankoubon (graphic novel) series by Wani Books. The manga has inspired a hit anime series, too.

(Never seen the anime, but it doesn't sound too bad.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Mahoromatic?

Nice..................
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:20 am Reply with quote
From what I recall hearing, as far as Mahoromatic goes, the first season of the anime follows the manga storyline fairly closely...but the second is pure Gainax being themselves; the mangaka was *not* too pleased. Although apparently not displeased enough to break off ties with Gainax, as they're using his preliminary character designs for their next series ("This Ugly and Beautiful World")
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:55 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1