• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GTO Live

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:34 am Reply with quote
hmm...I guess it's alright to post this thread here.

Who here has watched GTO live? I think it is one of the best dramas out there. Seriously.

I have lost interest in American dramas, but I got into GTO live when my friend let me download it off him. It is such a nice take on GTO. It is really emotional too, I found myself feeling emotional during a lot of scenes throughout the series. I love it.

The only thing that I don't like that it is only 12 episodes, one special and one movie. It is rather short, and the movie was weak in comparison to the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kidotai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:07 am Reply with quote
Nope. Seen Your Under Arrest! Live Action, and I've completely sworn off live-action based off anime or manga because of that.
king_micah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:26 am Reply with quote
GTO Live is very good . More might be said by me at a later date, provided something happen.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:28 am Reply with quote
Actually, once I saw GTO Live, I completely lost interest in the GTO anime series. The GTO live action series has much more emotion, more heart, and is all-around just much, much better. This is a series that I definitely recommend for anyone who is a fan of GTO.
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:45 am Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
Actually, once I saw GTO Live, I completely lost interest in the GTO anime series. The GTO live action series has much more emotion, more heart, and is all-around just much, much better. This is a series that I definitely recommend for anyone who is a fan of GTO.

really?

It didn't do so for me. Cause I love all three versions of GTO even more because I saw GTO live. But I can understand that you think it has more emotion in it than the anime, I think so too, nevertheless, I love the anime as well.

by three versions I mean, anime, manga, and live action.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:00 pm Reply with quote
For me, I like the anime and manga GTO, but from what I have seen of the J-Drama counterpart (Ep 2 and the movie), it looks very good. One thing I am hoping is that TokyoPop gets the rights to lisence it. If they dub it, that's super, because I sure in heck won't listen to it. Razz

EDIT: The first movie. I forgot there was two.

Last edited by Ataru on Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:30 pm Reply with quote
I first saw the anime series and I did enjoy it (still do) but I must admit, it clearly takes a backseat to the live action version. The live action has so much heart behind it that the anime just pales in comparison. The anime had a lot going for it I think until about the midway point. Then it seemed to lose focus...

From what I hear though, the manga is better? (Haven't read it yet)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:04 am Reply with quote
I like the manga. There is so much more, and it proves that the anime could have done more with the series.

The last DVD lost its affect though. The entire series was great, only that the last DVD was weak. Crying or Very sad
Judau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I love the live-action drama... I have not quite finished it yet (on episode 8), but so far, it really has a lot going for it... its more believable on some levels then the anime and manga...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I definitely think this show, left untouched, would do well in America. Sure they would not get all the references, but hey, people love sappy dramas.
Judau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:14 am Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
I definitely think this show, left untouched, would do well in America. Sure they would not get all the references, but hey, people love sappy dramas.

Or at least on DVD... if not just for us anime fans who might want to see better quality copies, rather then the old horrible looking fansubs... hell, besides GTO, a lot of J-dramas are worth DVD treatment...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:44 am Reply with quote
mwa hahahah!! My fansubs of GTO live are crisp and has a clean sound! WAHHOO!! It's appearance and sound is as if I was watching it in Japan straight off the TV!
Judau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:15 pm Reply with quote
SuperOnizuka wrote:
mwa hahahah!! My fansubs of GTO live are crisp and has a clean sound! WAHHOO!! It's appearance and sound is as if I was watching it in Japan straight off the TV!

Damn it. Anime hyper Mine are like seeing it straight off the TV in Japan... 15 years ago.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Judau wrote:
SuperOnizuka wrote:

Damn it. Anime hyper Mine are like seeing it straight off the TV in Japan... 15 years ago.
someone is doing fansubs using the R2 dvds.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
L337Llama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I've seen up to Episode 5. Its a great show, i really want to see the Manga.

Also, I saw the series on DVD on ebay. How are the quality of those? Im thinking of getting those and stop downloading the series. I can watch the dvd on TV, which is better than my momitor. Too little memory while watching divx lead to a few skipped frames.

Anyway... I hope the series gets released here, undubbed. A show like that would just be wrong to see dubbed, plus it could be released faster and cheaper. Maybe they could pass the savings to the consumer....?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2