• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
black cat discussion

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad sage 5

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:03 pm Reply with quote
this thread is about the story lines and what you think will happen to the characters and your personal views in the manga. (start at the ninth novel in the sieries).

Last edited by toad sage 5 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
toad sage 5 wrote:
i just wanted to have a topic about black cat. it seems nobody either talks about it or dosen't know about it.

And? I don't like being a backseat moderator but when you just make a topic saying "I want a topic about x" it won't go anywhere.

To hopefully get the ball rolling I will say that I really don't care for Black Cat. I find it to be very predictable and unengaging. Not to mention the fact that it seems like it was intended for young girls with the fact that everyone is completely bishie and no one ever seems to die even if the get absolutely destroyed by something. The art also reminds me of Fruits Basket (which I also don't like) but it's definitely better than it.

And those are my thoughts on this series. You can save the topic by either responding or re-writing your opening.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I personally like Black Cat--Train's got a cool style, personality-wise and otherwise.

The character designs are pretty cool in this series, and it doesn't depend on fanservice too much (even with Kyoko and Rinslet running around the way they do). I think that the only 'bishie' in there is Creed, personally.

On the other hand, I'm a CLAMP fan......
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Maybe bishie was the wrong term to use. I'm not totally fluent in some aspects of anime speak (I mastered 1337 a while back but it became useless when anime became my hobby and now i need a new lexicon) so there may be a better word. Almost all the guys are definitely designed to look inhumanly handsome and dashing regardless of the situation. That weird guy that controls blood and the freak with the afro that could make his muscles big are the only two that are odd looking and one of them is black so he has to look like a criminal (sorry to sound racist but thems the laws of manga).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1