• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buying some import DVD's what store to order from?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomuken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote
I am in Australia and I really want to get my hands on the original Japanese versions of Death Note and Naoki Urasawa's Monster but I don't know where to get them from. I have searched all over the internet and the only english site I have found them on is www.[This URL is a known Bootlegging website] but I am a bit concerned about the DVD's as the prices are ridiculously low. I searched the official Japanese websites for these two shows and the DVD covers they have pictured don't match what's on [This URL is a known Bootlegging website]. Does anyone know if these guys are legit? Does anyone know a good online store where I can get these DVD's? Thanks a lot guys and girls.
nomuken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
Well my link came up with "this is a known bootlegging website" so I guess that answers my question. So now I need to know where I can get the legit DVD's from.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
Yes Asia has just about any legit Asian DVD you might want. They've got the Japanese R2 versions of Monster divided into 4 box sets at about US$220 a piece, so uh.. if you want to spend close to $1,000 on the series, go ahead -_-. Personally, I'm just going to wait for an R1 release. If crap like Samurai Girl Real Bout High School can get licensed, Monster has a definite chance.

As for Death Note, it's a little too soon for box sets, since it just finished airing, but they have individual volumes with 3 episodes a piece for about US$40 each...

Again, I'm just going to wait for the R1s. But hey, if you've got the money, I'm sure the creators and companies will be more than happy to accept Wink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1