• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[OT] Live-action Negima! cast revealed

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panties

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:17 pm Reply with quote
The latest chapter of the Negima! manga came out with a full-color class list of the cast for the Negima live action drama. (Here's the manga class list for comparison.) Some of the girls look too old to realistically play 15 year olds (looking at you, Ku Fei), and some of them don't look anything at all like their character. (That's supposed to be Zazie? Pfft, yeah right...) I highly approve of Fuuka, but I take issue with the fact that Fumika doesn't look anything like her, which is a pretty important part of the story. I don't want to sound racist, but with a cast this big and with so many of the girls having very similar hair styles, it looks like it's going to be hard to tell the girls apart. It seems like it would have been a better idea if they had the girls wear wigs (and in Zazie's case, makeup) that matched the color of their counterpart manga/anime character.

Edit:
Sorry, got my links mixed up.

Last edited by panties on Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, it seems like both of your links are going to the same image. For some reason I can't see the color list as you mentioned.
panties

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Ningensei wrote:
Hmm, it seems like both of your links are going to the same image. For some reason I can't see the color list as you mentioned.

Yep, I noticed that right after I posted the thread, but the first link is fixed now. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
panties wrote:
I don't want to sound racist, but with a cast this big and with so many of the girls having very similar hair styles, it looks like it's going to be hard to tell the girls apart. It seems like it would have been a better idea if they had the girls wear wigs (and in Zazie's case, makeup) that matched the color of their counterpart manga/anime character.

Hm, I see what you're saying. It is really hard to tell them apart, but I guess they are going with a more "realistic" feel then following closely to the original character designs. I guess Chachamaru isn't going to be an android? But yeah, some of the girls just don't look like who they are supposed to look like. If that makes any sense. Confused
panties

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
It looks like there's a talkback thread for this news now, so this one should be locked.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:04 am Reply with quote
panties wrote:
It looks like there's a talkback thread for this news now, so this one should be locked.

Yes, that thread is here, and this one is now locked.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1