• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
licensing groups

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
namida-san

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure where I should ask about this, so I ask here.

Well I found this great manga the ice cold demon's tale. There's 24 vol's and I've read 6 vol's on net. It's a great series, but it hasn't been licensed by any group, so now I'm askin: Should I ask some companies to license this series? And who should I ask? because it would be great to see this series licensed.

Thank you for your time.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:22 am Reply with quote
The best place to probably start would be the companies page in the encyclopedia. A few companies that I know of right now would be such as Viz Media and Tokyopop, but there's a much better variety of companies that license manga if you use the link above.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
namida-san wrote:
Should I ask some companies to license this series? And who should I ask?

You could bring it up at a convention panel or something or you could try 'evangelizing' (so to speak) about it and get people interested in it so there is a fanbase, but that's about the most you can do. If companies think there is an interest in it or that it could sell, they may have an interest in licensing it, but they don't decide what to license by fans simply suggesting or asking them to license something.
tomoyo_hime8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quote
i have a love/hate relationship with licensing groups...

i hate them for licensing the anime that i can't buy here. (there's no legal anime store in the entire island (i live in an archipelago)). licensed anime is harder to find than those that aren't... especially in crunchyroll, my preferred online source, since it deletes licensed vids...

i love them for licensing manga so that english scanlations are now more available over the net (i would kill to have a collection as large as that of the author of shelf life)

(depressed, anime obsessed girl, who unfortunately is short on funds and isn't allowed to buy anything online)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1