• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto 360 updates and notes

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I didn't notice this posted anywhere, so if you're a Naruto fan, and you have an Xbox 360, here's an update on how the two will mesh, courtesy of GameSpot:
The subtitle will be "Rise of a Ninja", and will apparently start from the beginning of the series.
Competitive multiplayer modes are confirmed. (Apparently, Live multiplayer might make it in...)
Fall 2007 release date.
Trailer was just released. (Find it here.)
Source, including press release and trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I am a Naruto fan but not big on their games but looks like they did a better job with the 360. I have to say by looking at the trailer than this game is much better than the ones on PS2 or Gamecube. It looks like how an actually RPG should look like. I going to hope that they don't have that frame-2-frame cut scenes any more. Too bad it's for the 360 though...
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
Too bad it's for the 360 though...

Yeah, the 360 ain't doing hot in Japan, but still, don't knock it until you tried it. Cool
I can't wait for the achievement list on this one. Hopefully, it's nowhere as easy to get the full 1000 points as Ubisoft's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game is. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
douglas2k6

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:38 am Reply with quote
This game looks extremely well-designed. I can't wait to try it out when it arrives in the states. And yes, the TMNT 360 is easy. I haven't played it personally, but a guy on my friends list got 1000 on the first day of playing.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
I hope it turns out well. October, eh? I might just have a 360 by then...
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
I knew this game will be cell-shaded all along. When I was thinking of new systems, I always think of new graphics and new whatever. I couldn't tell whether it was gonna be cel-shaded or not until now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
ferrarimanf355

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
douglas2k6 wrote:
This game looks extremely well-designed. I can't wait to try it out when it arrives in the states. And yes, the TMNT 360 is easy. I haven't played it personally, but a guy on my friends list got 1000 on the first day of playing.

I've actually heard that King Kong is even easier, that you can get the 1000 by beating the game... and it's only 6 hours long from start to finish... and you can still get the achievements by inputting the God Mode code... Shocked
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I have all of the Naruto games that has made its to States. And unlike most anime video games its wasnt completely garbarge. I ain saying that the games were a masterpiece but its gave you trills to a point. I seen the trailer and if these shots are in-game this would be the best graphical Naruto game to date. Thanks god I decide to get a Xbox 360 instead of a PS3 last Christmas.
p3rseus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote
This Naruto might actually be good, it's being developed by Ubisoft, unlike past titles which were developed by Bandai, not to put them down but Bandai has never done too good in video games. Ubisoft in the other hand brought titles like Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and such, so this might actually be good. The Xbox360 also allow for much better graphics, so it might be worth picking up.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Bandai has a bad track record, but they HAVE made good games, particularly just about anything by Cyberconnect. Hell, I'd love to play a game in which they just took Naruto Accel's Master Mode (RPG mode) and expanded on it a bit, putting back in the excelent wall-running from NH3, and a more free-form and complex fighting system (and more characters playable in RPG mode, perhaps with teams).

Really, if they could combine the combat, adaptability, and team play of .Hack GU with the freedom of movement and style of Naruto Accel they'd have an excelent little action RPG.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1