• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ghost in the Shell, will there be a third SAC ?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willspengler

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:15 pm Reply with quote
I was just wondering how other GitS fans felt about the two SAC series?

Anyone else think there would be a market for a third series?

(Is there one already being made?)

Just a few ideas i was pondering over, and wondered what everyone elses insights into were?
UKfan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
If they made a third season of S.A.C then I would buy it.

The graphics are beautiful, the stories are a good mix of action, technobabble and humour and the music is fantastic ( I really should pick up the soundtracks).

Unless something happens in SSS that would write off another series I hope they do continue it, but only if the quality stays as good.

Actually I would be really happy if they made a spin-off series based solely around the tachikoma. They bring that extra sparkle to the show. Very Happy
willspengler

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Im of the same mindset there.

The original GitS was one of the first anime's id seen in a long time, then i got the first volume of the series on DVD and loved it! Bought the entire first then second seasons without much hesitation!

I agree completelly, the same goes for the tackcoma (sp?), i was gutted when spoiler[they were replaced at the end of the last season Sad] [EDIT: Added spoiler tags ~Zalis]

How do you mean SSS?

Im sure they could fit a few more seasons in, that way innocence could have some more continuity!
Satanachia

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quote
While being a big fan of GITS, I personally think that the GITS saga should end at SSS (Solid State Society for those who don't know). Doesn't SSS basically finish of 2ndGIG spoiler[when Motoko leaves Section9?] and if that is true, there wouldn't be much story to go with spoiler[without Motoko]. This series shouldn't be milked like NGE.
pixiebell

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
UKfan wrote:
Actually I would be really happy if they made a spin-off series based solely around the tachikoma. They bring that extra sparkle to the show. Very Happy

That would make me so very happy. I still need to see the second season of SAC. I am sure I will....eventually.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:10 pm Reply with quote
willspengler wrote:
How do you mean SSS?

By that he/she mean the sequel to the 2nd gig series, there was a sequel movie released last year called Solid State Society. It's suppose to come out in the US later this year, I think around June or so and there was some talks of a blue ray edition possibly being available.
willspengler

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Ah right, i was totally unaware of this!

Oh well, i still hold hopes of a SAC3 !
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:25 am Reply with quote
According to one of my friends who is big on GITS (with connections here and there), there has been discussion about making SAC 3. Production notes remain unknown though.
fujiwara

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote
It's hard to tell really. From my experience, the various manifestations of the GitS Franchise seem to end with the spoiler[ Major disappearing at the end to wander the net for a while] I think that may very well occur here as well, so they can't really continue it if that's the case. I personally would love to see the series go on, it's my favourite installment in the GitS universe.
Sokol

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
It would definitely be a good idea. I'm a fan of Motoko more then the rest, however I'm quite positive if SAC: 3 is to ever be released, there are at least two-three characters that can be considered a good main or at least a shadow of main role for the series.

There would be of course some changes in Section 9 I'm sure, surely it could be puled out nicely nevertheless.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
willspengler wrote:
How do you mean SSS?

By that he/she mean the sequel to the 2nd gig series, there was a sequel movie released last year called Solid State Society. It's suppose to come out in the US later this year, I think around June or so and there was some talks of a blue ray edition possibly being available.

From what I remember, the Blu-ray edition was later withdrawn as a mistaken announcement. If I wrong though, feel free to let me know.

On the topic of a third season of [i]Gits{/i]: it would be nice to see another one be produced, but until I hear official word that it is so, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:

From what I remember, the Blu-ray edition was later withdrawn as a mistaken announcement. If I wrong though, feel free to let me know.

This is what I understood happened. The order page for the Blu-Ray edition was up for one day. I placed my pre-order for both the LE and Blu-Ray edeitions at TRSI during there buy 2 get one free Manga Entertainment sale. The SSS DVD Blu-Ray was my free dvd and is still listed in my orders form. I wonder if this means I will still get the DVD for free if it is announced again even if it is no longer the cheapest DVD out of the three? If not I hope they will send me the LE for free instead or at least let me chose another DVD to be my free choice,
ordinary Joe

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quote
I think that another SAC would be great. The first two were incredible, and the way the second picked up from the first should give everyone the idea that they could remedy any seemingly fatal loose ends without having to suspend much viewer disbelief. Of course that may just be my wishful thinking there . . .

On a side note who thinks that the spoiler[redesign for the tachs is really bad, tactically?] That probably sounds stupid, but honestly, most of the show has always made sense, without being Rambo-esque all the time. So I just find it really upsetting that the animators would choose to spoiler[remake them so that the occupant would have to expose themself to fire in order to get inside.] Just an observation I've made . . .
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1