• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist: Overated.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbs332000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah it is okay, I have watched it but I do not it is worth all the hype and definatly should not be considered an all time great.

All time greats are the classics that show us something that is so mind blowing that you have to love it. I could definately put bebop, outlaw star, and possibly Full Metal Panic in this category.

Yeah I don't hate Fullmetal Alchemist by any means I just don't think it is as good as people hype it up to be.

[EDIT: Fixed your spelling of Fullmetal Alchemist. -TK]
pixiebell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
It is all a matter of personal opinion. I happened to love Full Metal just for the fact that it got me so emotionally involved. It is really rare that an anime causes me scream profanities at the tv (towards the end of the sereis I did this on a nightly basis) much less absolutely love the good guys and hate hate hate the bad guys. I honestly couldn't get into the movie for some reason, but many other people enjoyed it. That is the great thing about anime though, no matter what you like you have plenty titles to choose from. Smile
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote
nbs332000 wrote:
Yeah it is okay, I have watched it but I do not it is worth all the hype and definatly should not be considered an all time great.

All time greats are the classics that show us something that is so mind blowing that you have to love it. I could definately put bebop, outlaw star, and possibly Full Metal Panic in this category.

Care to make an actual argument? Just saying it's overrated and that it's not worth the hype tells us nothing. Why do you think it's overrated? Did you not like the characters, were there plot-holes, did something about alchemy just not sit well with your, or what?

And how exactly are Bebop, OS, or even FMP! considered so mind-blowing that I and everyone else in the Milky Way just have to love and consider them all-time greats?

Teh Rules wrote:
3) Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions, lists and one-liners do not contribute.

Please make another thread (if you feel like it) once you're able address that issue. Thanks.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1