• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Slayers: "R" is for AARGH

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I just opened up ADV's release of Slayers Return: The Motion Picture "R," and I noticed both the back of the case and the inside front cover have track lists with music menu references. So when I flipped through the CD booklet, I was expecting the same kind of (very useful) information that was included with the other Slayers CDs I have. Instead, the middle four pages are filled with junk like this:

Quote:
Lina Inverse...It's not known for certain what the marks on her forehead are: a mole? A tatoo? The beginnings of a horn? Will it explode?

Nahga the Serpent...By the way, in the first TV series, 'Slayers,' a person that looked like her passed by in the background, but it's uncertain if it was really her, simply Nahga, or someone who was dressing up as her.

Saleena...In a certain sense, you could say that Sareena is Lina and Nahga's strongest enemy.

Galef...When they looked at the promotional posters for the movie, a lot of people thought Saleena was a princes, and Galef was an evil king from a nearby country. But not only were the words 'The strongest enemy appears' written right on there, but the character design for him that was published before this was beastly, strong, evil, and frightening.

But in actuality... Heh heh. I'll just stop here so I don't spoil things for those who haven't seen the movie yet.

When you consider he played Professor Senbee in Dr. Slump, you can asume Galef is... Heh heh.

So instead of something worthwhile like the director's notes on each track, there's some sarcastic commentary and a dumb joke that fails because whoever wrote it used one "but" too many. I don't have the Animetrax CD, but I'm 99% sure these pages were substituted for the new ADV Music release of this disc. (Those four pages don't have a black and white border like the rest, either.)

Does anybody out there have the Animetrax version of this disc? I'd like to know what wasn't included in the ADV one.
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:30 pm Reply with quote
On second thought, it doesn't matter. This music is rancid. ^^;;
Iron Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 12:42 am Reply with quote
Glad to see that we've nipped this one in the bud. Aside from what Hayashibara Megumi did for Slayers, I don't think there's anything worth listening to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1