• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Resurrect the Edit List?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iritscen
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:03 am Reply with quote
Once upon a time, I found the Edit List really useful. But it tapered off and then stopped in Nov. 2005. Perhaps you guys at ANN don't see the need for it so much now? I realize that we may have less edits in our anime then we did a few years ago, but it's still a handy thing to keep track of, isn't it?

It seems that the List was originally maintained by Kyle Pope. Maybe he's not able to keep it up now, but I wouldn't think it would be too hard to maintain, right? It's pretty straightforward. Any thoughts on this?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
I spoke to Kyle about the Edit List last year. He feels that it no longer serves much purpose, since very few edits were being made to late teen / adult anime on TV any more. However, if circumstances were to change, he'd probably start the list up again.

We do have plans to incorporate the edit list feature into the Encyclopedia this year, as a user submitable item. So users would be able to submit edits to shows that Kyle never covered, shows like One Piece and etc...

-t
Iritscen
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:38 am Reply with quote
Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. It would add one more point of interest to the already formidable Encyclopedia.

But, if you're going to allow fans to list edits to OP, I hope your database server is robust enough to handle the load Wink.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1