• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gridman Universe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:20 pm Reply with quote
I did not even realize this film existed. I didn't read Richard's review because I prefer being at pretty much information zero when watching something, but I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for it whenever it becomes available in NA.
boldulysses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Any info on a stateside release? I've watched and enjoyed both series.
Exelarate

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:57 am Reply with quote
boldulysses wrote:
Any info on a stateside release? I've watched and enjoyed both series.

Nah not yet
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting on any news for when this will get a wider/streaming release.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Rewatched - no spoiler, check out background in post-credit epilogue.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was gonna be a compilation movie. Now that I know it's a continuation of the story, I think I'll watch it.
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You have to watch all of SSSS.Gridman and SSSS.Dynazenon to get anything from this film.

Oh no, you have to watch the prequel to enjoy the sequel. What a weird point to critize. Is it also bad that I have to watch seasons 1 and 2 of a random show to be able to enjoy season 3? Was this really the only thing to critize for this entire movie? I don't want to come across as too annoyed, but from the very beginning the movie was set up as a sequel to both TV shows. Of course you won't be able to enjoy it if you haven't watched either. Reading this as the one big negative thing to say about the movie just feels weird. Or is it just me...?
Thulebox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Amuro1X wrote:

I'm confused by the multiple comments like this when we got the news Tuesday that its going up on Crunchyroll tonight(Thursday). Also more places than just NA which is nice.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Thulebox wrote:
Amuro1X wrote:

I'm confused by the multiple comments like this when we got the news Tuesday that its going up on Crunchyroll tonight(Thursday). Also more places than just NA which is nice.

You did read that Amuro's post was back in 2023, when this review was originally written, right? This isn't a brand new review, but rather a review back from when it first ran in Japan that's only getting put back on the front page of ANN because it's now streaming officially in English.

The forum even warns you at the top of the page, before you do anything, that this topic is over a year old, since the mods don't really like necroposting on the Talkback section, barring some sort of relevancy, like this case.
Thulebox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Thulebox wrote:
Amuro1X wrote:

You did read that Amuro's post was back in 2023, when this review was originally written, right? This isn't a brand new review, but rather a review back from when it first ran in Japan that's only getting put back on the front page of ANN because it's now streaming officially in English.

The forum even warns you at the top of the page, before you do anything, that this topic is over a year old, since the mods don't really like necroposting on the Talkback section, barring some sort of relevancy, like this case.

Hey sorry didn't realize the fine print and I'll own up to that. But I've been coming here (ANN) for around a decade now and it was the first time I haven't noticed the warning cause it wasn't showing up for me and now that I see it is incredibly small. Again sorry for not realizing but when I go to older articles they usually blast me with warnings that its old and that didn't happen with this this one. Also on the sidebar of the site it shows Oct 24 12:00 post time when I'm guessing they reboosted this old review which feels pretty misleading cause if they can do that why cant they also put a tag or something up front to say its old.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1