• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Precure Stage Event Asks Grown-Up Fans Not to Cosplay or Talk With Kids

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Took them long enough.
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:27 pm Reply with quote
ANN once again being fashionably late because this was reported weeks ago

And uh....given the kigurumi incident that happened last year (because that was layers upon layers of messy), this doesn't shock me at all, I imagine this is to prevent something like that from happening again and I felt really bad for the Japanese fans during that incident

(It's a good thing that incident blew over fast and wasn't enough to ruin Pretty Cure gettin' some massive Ws last year AND this year because 20th anniversary, well deserved Ws too)
Turtleboy76

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 12:19 am Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:
ANN once again being fashionably late because this was reported weeks ago

And uh....given the kigurumi incident that happened last year (because that was layers upon layers of messy), this doesn't shock me at all, I imagine this is to prevent something like that from happening again and I felt really bad for the Japanese fans during that incident

(It's a good thing that incident blew over fast and wasn't enough to ruin Pretty Cure gettin' some massive Ws last year AND this year because 20th anniversary, well deserved Ws too)

They haven't even commented on all the Managaka doing the contribution for the 30th anniversary Kenshin event either. Like it was all over Twitter.
rikku45

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:06 am Reply with quote
Parents should be going with their kids to these things anyway.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:01 am Reply with quote
ShugoYotsuba wrote:

Mind sharing what the incident was about or a link to a news story? Nothing comes up on google and sadly the only place with info is Twitter and I deleted my account recently due to changes in how blocking work.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 4:26 am Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Mind sharing what the incident was about or a link to a news story? Nothing comes up on google and sadly the only place with info is Twitter and I deleted my account recently due to changes in how blocking work.
As I briefly understand from situation of what happened, it was basically a story of pedo creeps dressed up in full-gear character costume (including the mask and all) in a public park, who are approached the children and tried to poach them.

Both park authorities and Toei actually caught up on that pretty quickly before serious things happened with ruling things out like banning the use of cosplay with full-cover kigurumi masks in public area, but this one seems to be a follow-up.
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:03 am Reply with quote
An article asking adults to not dress up as children has a picture showing them exactly how to do that Laughing
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:07 am Reply with quote
rikku45 wrote:

Agreed. These are the sorts of things where they need supervision.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:11 am Reply with quote
ChirashiD wrote:
An article asking adults to not dress up as children has a picture showing them exactly how to do that Laughing
Well, it's asking the fans, it's not about the official costume cast members who're part of the event after all Laughing
kgw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:28 am Reply with quote
rikku45 wrote:

Unpopular opinion: adults unrelated shouldn't go to kid's events. I have never thought any parent should be worried on taking their kids to a Pretty Cure event.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1