• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Palworld Will "March On" Amid Nintendo Lawsuit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:42 am Reply with quote
I think they have to do this. Plans were in the works, and other companies will have their own deals with Pocketpair that can't wait around for however long the lawsuit with Nintendo takes.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Funnily, Pokémon Legends: Arceus and Palworld have both sold about 15 million copies each, except the former released in 2022 in contrast to the latter which released early this year. Palworld is also still early access on Steam, there might be a sales spike when they release v.1.00.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Funnily, Pokémon Legends: Arceus and Palworld have both sold about 15 million copies each, except the former released in 2022 in contrast to the latter which released early this year. Palworld is also still early access on Steam, there might be a sales spike when they release v.1.00.

There's almost never a spike when an early access launches into 1.0. It's usually barely even noticed.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 1:53 pm Reply with quote
it was never a question if you know how patent infringements work.

worst case they would pay to use it or re-work w/e patent was issue and life carries on.

also I do see it as more ark than pokemon as you dont need to use the pals..you can go 100% only guns and melee while using pal mount just to soak damage taken.
Hal14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Blanchimont wrote:

There's almost never a spike when an early access launches into 1.0. It's usually barely even noticed.

Yeah... set palworld aside for a second: games rarely see a boost in visibility or sales after leaving early access. It's usually from that game leaving early access and then going multiplatform, like when Hades announced a Switch release alongside the full release of the game.
Nate148

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2024 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Firefly251 wrote:
it was never a question if you know how patent infringements work.

worst case they would pay to use it or re-work w/e patent was issue and life carries on.

also I do see it as more ark than pokemon as you dont need to use the pals..you can go 100% only guns and melee while using pal mount just to soak damage taken.

That assumes Nintendo will let them license the tech
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1