• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Stream 1st Mononoke Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Pretty solid platform for releasing it!
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I remember this was one of the shows that got leaked awhile back.
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this one amongst the anime that got leaked a couple of months ago, but in retrospective I think the leak didn't cause that much damage, I bet most people would be patient to watch things like Mononoke and Ranma ½ in good quality, legally.
Seeing that Mononoke will probably be billed as a Netflix Original it'll get dubbed into various languages and I wonder what will happen with the Neutral Spanish dub, because Netflix has the original Mononoke anime with the Spanish dub made in Argentina back in 2017, but a couple of months ago Mononoke received a redub by Anime Onegai which was done in Mexico. Considering Mononoke was one of the anime leaked due to the hacks that affected Iyuno, there's a big possibility it'll be dubbed in Mexico, probably with the same cast as the Anime Onegai dub despite that dubbed being made in the defunct Studio Onegai recording studio. Netflix sometimes doesn't care if a dub was made in another country, I remember when Netflix got the rights to Wakfu season 3 and they dubbed it in Mexico, despite the first two seasons being dubbed in Argentina and that dub being available on Netflix.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1