• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Harmony of Mille-Feuille Anime Unveils Main Staff, 1st Anime Visuals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Harmony of Mille-Feuille

Is that an official English title? Everything I can find through a quick Google search brings me back to ANN. And it also seems completely off as a translation, I have no idea where that would be translated as harmony. Though we have seen official translations that deviate from the original meaning quite a bit in the past as well, so if it is official, it's just a bit weird. If it is not official, I think this really should in some way be marked as such (like writing "Utagoe wa Mille-Feuille (roughly translated as ...)" or something like that), otherwise people will think it is official, because that's what it looks like right now.

Edit: Well, turns out there is in fact a source for the name, so ignore my comment.

Last edited by RobbiRobb on Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:50 am Reply with quote
Those are some nice character designs.
GrollenKette951

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Seems like the news has a mistake in it. The original creator isn't the Takuya Yamanaka from THE ORAL CIGARETTES but a game dev and scriptwriter with the same name https://x.com/pug_maniac/status/1670077591011872769. That certainly should be fixed.
Vellexoxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or are a lot of idol shows being announced as original this year? I think Sunrise has a similar original project like this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1