• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yakuza Fiancé TV Anime Unveils 1st Promo Video, More Cast, Ending Theme Song Artist

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:32 am Reply with quote
Apparently, all yakuza are hot.
KrisPNatz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 1:09 pm Reply with quote
The promo artwork for the anime being closer to that of the later chapters really highlights how much the manga art has changed from the start but somehow in motion it looks like a blend which I honestly can't be mad at especially as a fan of "both styles". Deen you continue to keep me INTRIGUED however you better not cut down on the shirtless scenes just because you've picked up an anime where said shirtless men have elaborate yakuza tattoos on their backs that will now be in motion - a task that I imagine is a nightmare to animate, but you chose this lmao.

Raise wa Tanin ga Ii is one of my favorite ongoing manga but I continue to be cautiously optimistic about this adaptation despite my liking almost everything I've watched from Deen in recent years. The voice casting has felt slightly mismatched at every announcement (very subjective opinion) and Shouma's casting just continues that trend. However after hearing Akira Ishida's Kirishima I am a LOT more convinced than I was so I'll wait to hear more from Koji Yusa's Shouma even though from that one line in the trailer and what I'm familiar with from Yusa's resume it still feels like an odd casting choice, would've assumed someone with a deeper register. Hiroshi Kamiya is also not at all what I would've envisioned for Azami Suo but Kamiya is known for crazy so its not totally a surprise.

Azami having his VA announced this early over other recurring characters is curious, would've thought he'd be a mid season character announcement, but I guess I may be misremembering how early he appeared? We can hear Renji's voice actor in the trailer yet no formal announcement that I've found and I'd expect Gaku along with him. Tsubaki is another I would've expected this early but also nothing. I hope its not a sign this will be a rushed adaptation but I was a fan of the 2021 Shaman King remake and that enjoyment was guided by my being a huge fan of the manga so I imagine in practice I'll ultimately feel the same about this although I likely won't watch until the manga finishes (I don't like to double dip if I'm currently reading something, everything feels redundant, I like watching adaptations as "rereads").

I do hope it finds fans who can enjoy it for what it clearly is - namely being a rare case of a romance with an unhinged male yandere, there's a serious gap in the market (I would count Hananoi but he was a too-safe yandere, obsessive/possessive but not ENOUGH). That being said, if this finds popularity, the eventuality of the "husbando wars" between Kirishima and Shouma fans (really moreso Shouma fans whining Yoshino should be with him instead) echoing some manga readers' behaviors online will likely be a reason to block lots of individuals on social media for some. Every other straight and even BL/GL romance anime has a stoic cool-guy as one of the leads, LET THOSE OF US WHO LIKE CRAZY ENJOY KIRISHIMA IN PEACE LMAO. That of course entirely depends on popularity which I also don't see this really getting in eng speaking spaces but we shall see. I'll somewhat look forward to eventually watching regardless. I will forever be furious at them choosing to title it "Yakuza Fiance" in english though, that is the cringiest localization choice I've ever seen and neither of those words are translations of the original title so I ponder who on earth thought that was a good decision SIGH.
Aika1801

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 3:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the ending theme is called "Nani Warotonnen"...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a solid adaption so far!
vanessascudder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:22 pm Reply with quote
When is the expected release date for the Yakuza Fiancé anime?
Revan32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 2:40 am Reply with quote
That's some real DEEN quality, right there.

vanessascudder wrote:
When is the expected release date for the Yakuza Fiancé anime?

October
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2024 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Every time I look at Kirishima, I think of Dangan Ronpa and AssClass. Then I have to remember that this is DEEN and not LERCHE.

Quote:
Yoshino will perform the ending theme song "Nani Wararotonnen."

What a coincidence.

Revan32 wrote:
October

Why would you waste your time answering their question when the article literally states the answer 3 times (the top of the article, the thumbnail of the video, and below the ending theme song)? This is one of the worst cases of not reading the article. Alex didn't waste his time providing us this info for nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1