• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ryukishi07 Discusses His Mystery-Horror Game Universe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Huh? The Umineko manga had a different ending?
InNeedOfAName

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:39 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Huh? The Umineko manga had a different ending?

iirc it's not an entirely different ending, spoiler[the manga just gives the answers to the mysteries in the episode 7 manga adaptation.]
Amritzer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:40 pm Reply with quote
So, out of all the questions, they couldn't ask the most important one: Will there be Umineko anime remake?

Especially considering that we are currently in the era of revivals of many 2000s anime, and, well, that Sayaka Ohara was present as well.
NezumiVA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Amritzer wrote:
So, out of all the questions, they couldn't ask the most important one: Will there be Umineko anime remake?

Especially considering that we are currently in the era of revivals of many 2000s anime, and, well, that Sayaka Ohara was present as well.

Well I mean, to be fair, he already said before the con even happened that he had no anime related announcements to make. I wouldn’t assume the idea has been floated very seriously over there, especially since the original Umineko anime did somewhat poorly financially as far as I remember.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Speaking of franchise media and extensions, Higurashi fans were curious about how Ryukishi worked with Studio Passione on the recent Gou and Sotsu anime. "The extent of my relationship with Passione is that I made the plot and handed it to them. I'd be surprised at how my work is translated into storyboards."

If what he's saying is that he left Passione to feel free to adapt/interpret his outline without much/any supervision from him, that would explain so much with how the anime turned out, and how the manga version has proven so superior by leaps and bounds
Funchal99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Rose Guns Days is a terrific story, I'm glad it's finally being officially licensed, though that makes me wonder what took so long since it's safe to assume Witch Hunt, the people behind the original fantranslation of both this and Umineko, will be the ones doing the official localization.

By the same token, Umineko Gold, a project I was incredibly excited over, is still radio silent and their last update said they were under NDA by 07th Expansion itself to not disclose anything about the project despite it being on ice until today with no news of cancellation. I dunno, asking what's the holdup for so many things would be one of the first things on my mind.

Regarding Ciconia, at this point I really can't swallow his justification for not moving on with it. Like, I get it, it's understandable. He accidentally predicted a global pandemic AND the Russian x Ukraine war. Back when those topics were too recent (and especially the pandemic distressing everybody) it made sense to take a step back, but by now it just feels silly to still be wary of telling his story. None of it was his fault and his doujin VN probably won't make any significant impact on these issues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1