• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: How Can Singer Ado's Fans Shake Her Hand Without Ever Seeing Her Face?

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
royalnobody

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 10:28 pm Reply with quote
We're really gonna call a glory hole a genius solution now?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, if it's what Ado is comfortable with...
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:31 am Reply with quote
Unless it wont really be her either, it will be just a stand in, i mean how can u even tell?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:07 am Reply with quote
@Thespacemaster

It doesn't matter, they couldn't tell even if no barrier was present since no one knows what she looks like. It probably will be her, since they are paying for this. A stand in would be a form of fraud. The truth would likely leak out eventually.

The hole in the wall is a bit silly. A mask would do the trick to hide her appearance.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 7:11 am Reply with quote
^^^
A, uh, "determined" fan might forcefully attempt to take her mask off. Better safe than sorry.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 11:25 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
^^^
A, uh, "determined" fan might forcefully attempt to take her mask off. Better safe than sorry.

Quite agree with you. People seem to want their 5 minutes of infamy for internet creed.

Still, if I am going to spend time and money to see my favorite actor/musician and anime personality, I will want to see and hear them, without a mask. I don't need to shake their hand or hug them.

Though for those personalities who don't mind doing handshakes and hugs, there should be separate lines for that, to protect the personalities from lawsuits.
YagamiBlackstone255

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I wish this was the standard, I think this is much safer for any idol. The idea of celebrities hand shaking their fans is so weird.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 2:31 pm Reply with quote
YagamiBlackstone255 wrote:
I wish this was the standard, I think this is much safer for any idol. The idea of celebrities hand shaking their fans is so weird.

So people talking to other people is "weird," but hiding behind a wall and sticking your arm through isn't?
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2024 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
So people talking to other people is "weird," but hiding behind a wall and sticking your arm through isn't?

Yes, lining up and paying to shake a celebrity's hand is weird.
Like, you can try to obscure it by referring to it as "people talking to other people," but it's just parasocial celebrity worship culture, and that's weird. In that context, a celebrity who wants to keep their privacy deciding to hide themselves behind a wall isn't that strange.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1