• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Delico's Nursery (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Delico's Nursery (TV)

Source: Stage Play ("TRUMP" created by Kenichi Suemitsu)

Demographic: Seinen

Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

Genres: fantasy, mystery

Themes: childcare, gothic, vampires

Plot Summary: In the past, the vampire race that ruled over the land had the power of immortality. In the present day, this power has been lost, and the world has been divided into two groups: the now-mortal vampire race and the human race that coincides with their limited life span. However, it is said that somewhere in this world exists one sole Vampire that still has eternal life. TRUE OF VAMP: The originator of Vamps. Connecting the first and last letters, people called the origins of the vampire race "TRUMP."

Air Date & Platform:
August 7, 2024 (Wednesday)
Available on: Crunchyroll

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending

Last edited by Tony K. on Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2024 2:35 pm Reply with quote
A month late due to the delay but here we are. The first episode was rather unique and has me interested in more. A vampire society with a hidden vampire god somewhere plus a cult trying to find him is one hell of a story/setting. A hidden vampire agency for special missions even more so. The painting like look is nice to look at and the influence of the child-rearing is something I will need to see more of. I can see it making for lots of funny/emotional moments yet I can also see it getting in the way of the mission, it all depends on the balance between the two.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:02 am Reply with quote
That was...weird. I really don't know how I feel about it. I like the art style, and the characters are ok, but the bratty kids might break me, and it doesn't seem to mesh its humor with its drama very well. And while I'm glad they renamed it Delico's Nursery, the whole Trump portmanteau is both stupid sounding and off-putting (I hear too much about him as it is). I cringe every time they say the name. Dali Deli(co) is also some loopy naming.

I usually always up for some vampires though, so I'm willing to see how long I last.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2024 9:10 am Reply with quote
The second episode doubled down on the mystery and the chaos that the children create. Mystery wise we got a bit of progress with Dali quickly filtering through the available information but it was a tad too late with the group now having killed a squad of police vamps and having controlled one to pass on a message (I wonder about how the control mechanic works, is a strong vamp able to resist it for example?).

Chaos wise there really was a lot of it, I could handle it for one episode but I hope that not every episode is gonna have so much crying. The episode also showed how different the parents are in their approach. Dino in particular is not winning any awards.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully it indeed seems like not every episode is going to be a crying fest. Episode 3 had some child-rearing but it did not take over the entire episode and left plenty of time for the mystery. Said mystery is actually pretty interesting and things seem to be heading for some fights/conflict soon. Otherwise the flashback provided plenty of information (I asume cacoon means teenager and clan school of some sort) plus Theodore seems to be snapping.
FishLion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:53 pm Reply with quote
I picked up this one and really enjoy it so far! Something about really gorgeous men who should be involved mostly in drama but have to do basic tasks is really appealing. I also really like the way they seem to be setting up some depth to the relationships. They seem to really be spotlighting how these men's behaviors affect their kids and making the men reflect on that, rather than simply making it a mystery with children shaped obstacle. If you like other shows about babysitting or childrearing but also wanted something less mundane and slice-of-life oriented this has been awesome so far!
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:02 pm Reply with quote
It really has become a game of chicken between the Vlad agency and the Pendulum group. I wonder just how much Dali knows/understands, he is either not making any moves due to the child-rearing wearing him down or realizing what Pendulum is after and thus wating it out. Given the preview for next week it seems that Pendulum is tired of waiting and making full use of the documents they now have.

As for Theodore...that was a creepy ending.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:53 am Reply with quote
I really don't want to hate on this, but jeez, it's absolutely crawling. There were maybe two bits of new information in this episode, and the rest was showing/telling stuff we've already seen/been told. Get on with it already!
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Well, they did indeed get on with it. I expected Pendulum to not go down easily but they made the Vlad agency look like a bunch of incompetents with how things played out. With the children now missing I am assuming some type of kidnapping bit is up next (they were probably stupid enough to leave the house and thus get into trouble).

Otherwise there were some pacing issues and a few too many blank faces.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2024 2:06 am Reply with quote
Yes to all that. Although we still had to sit through yet more iterations of the already established kids' increasing mental breakdowns. The stuffed toys are getting bigger and more numerous as they become more pushy.

Judging from the previews, unless there'll be a pre-kidnapping flashback, it looks like for some reason they all decided to go adventuring or something. I suppose abductions will stem from that?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, episode 6 was a decent set up episode and it seemed like the following episodes would be the main and possibly final conflict of the show involving both the adults and children. Sadly, despite the month delay we now get an entire month of recaps. Given how busy next season is... I hope that I remember to pick it up again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1