• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Irregular at Magic High School Series Gets New Anime Film for Yotsuba Succession Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not surprised they chose to make it into a movie, Yotsuba's Succession Arc ( vol 16 ) is one of the biggest turning point in Mahouka where many questions that were only implicit until now have finally been answered. Now for those who don't watch films it might be problematic as this one will be mandatory to understand the eventual S4 compared to the 2 previous films ( the first was original and the second which was more a film lenght special episode, adapted flashback chapters from the least important volume )
Gisan Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:24 am Reply with quote
I was wondering how they were going to handle this LN. As Yune said, there is a lot of information revealed in this novel that has been hinted about and info needed for the future. I am looking forward to this.
Gamen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:39 pm Reply with quote
As important as this novel is for flipping character dynamics on their heads... I can't see it as movie material. It has the farthest thing from a standalone plot, instead being largely a vehicle for advancing the plot of the series.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Curious to see how this plays out as a movie...and how soon before anyone can actually see it subbed.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:33 am Reply with quote
It is fascinating to me that THIS show is the one that keeps getting frequent adaptations of its source material. Is the fambase that large and/or dedicated? It must be!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:
It is fascinating to me that THIS show is the one that keeps getting frequent adaptations of its source material. Is the fambase that large and/or dedicated? It must be!
People should be reminded that it's Mahouka massive popularity on LN market was the reason of opening the Narou pit by the publishers after all (and not SAO, despite most of people thinking of it), which consequences we now see today.
Connor Dino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:34 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
Connor Dino wrote:
People should be reminded that it's Mahouka massive popularity on LN market was the reason of opening the Narou pit by the publishers after all (and not SAO, despite most of people thinking of it), which consequences we now see today.

Huh. And here I thought people were just really into the this particular incest (BUT NOT REAAALLLYYY) pairing.
Lann

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Im sorry but no amount of hype can make me watch another second of this franchise. Season 1 was cool but its dwindled since. The current season was so excruciatingly boring and badly paced that I gave up part way through around episode 7. I wont be returning.
zztop

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Connor Dino wrote:

A Reddit poster says it does have a significant reader fanbase (mainly a target male reader base), but Mahouka also unexpectedly ended attracting quite a large number of female readers as well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1dqllr2/the_irregular_at_magic_high_school_yotsuba/laqo15l/?context=3

They too were self-inserting, but as Miyuki.
"They want to have a cool, tall, strong, invincible older brother that treats them like they're the only girl in the world. It was a shoujo sensation, unintentionally. "
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:13 am Reply with quote
There are 32 volumes. We have now (almost) reached the half way point with this upcoming movie because volume 5 was skipped. Maybe they can finish it by 2030 or 2031. Holy crap. I can't believe 2030 is going to be a thing soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1