• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I am so happy. I love this show. I freely admit it's not this great series like Frieren or Mushoku Tensei, but damn I like it. It's funny how closely this season echoed the currently running season of Slime, but in the end I enjoyed Tsukimichi quite a bit more. (Not that I hated Slime or anything.) This is exceedingly good news.

Does anyone have any idea how much source material is left? I'm assuming we're talking about a couple of years before the third season shows up. But at least we won't have to wait a year or more to get a third season confirmation.
Thundercracker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Nice.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:50 pm Reply with quote
it's no longer the case but during its first years it was one the biggest name among Isekai so when S2 was announced as 2 cours, I got the impression that they intended to keep going thereafter. See you in S3 Makoto, hopefully not in 3 years this time.
Nodz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:02 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather have a KonoSuba season 4 but, hey, good for this show's fans!!
Seagloom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Jabootu wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how much source material is left?

Season 2 covered up to vol. 10 of 19 currently available volumes. The series isn't finished yet. There is plenty of material left for them to do a third season immediately even if they continue making significant cuts.
Jabootu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Seagloom wrote:
Jabootu wrote:
Does anyone have any idea how much source material is left?

Season 2 covered up to vol. 10 of 19 currently available volumes. The series isn't finished yet. There is plenty of material left for them to do a third season immediately even if they continue making significant cuts.

That's great. The important thing here is they producer's hesitate to do an anime not just when there's a lack of source material, but at least a good head start on a theoretical following one. If the first two seasons covered 10 of 19 volumes, or five volumes a season, then there's almost enough for a third *and* fourth season already. (Although I'm less sure we'll get another two core season.) So we might get the third season within a couple of years after all.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:47 pm Reply with quote
It's even less than 5 volumes per season as the first season was 1 cour.
DolFun The Dolphin Vtuber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Very happy to hear this.
I really enjoyed the 2 seasons we had.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad we'll get to see Makoto and the Demiplane crew again I just hope they handle the pacing better than season 2 where it took forever to get to the good stuff.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
See you in S3 Makoto, hopefully not in 3 years this time.

If the gap between season 1 & 2 is any indication, it shouldn't be (and it wasn't before, either).

Season 2 was announced at the end of season 1 (September 2021), just as season 3 has been announced at the end of season 2. Season 2 began in January of this year, with a 2.25 year gap between the end of one and beginning of the two.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Its not the greatest stuff I've watched, but I'm consistently entertained. I recall some reviewers lost their sheat at the end of the first season, so I wont be expecting a third season to get reviewed. Some of the second season was a little sloppy because it didn't juggle well sharing time with the heroes, but I still had fun overall and I'm looking forward to another season. Smile
Covnam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Haven't watched the last episode yet, but great news. Looking forward to more Smile
Jabootu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:15 am Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:

Quote:
I'm glad we'll get to see Makoto and the Demiplane crew again I just hope they handle the pacing better than season 2 where it took forever to get to the good stuff.

To me pretty much anything with Makoto and his crew (now including his academy students) is all good stuff. My problem is that I just didn't / don't care AT ALL about the heroes.* One is good, one is bad, yawn. And what, the first two or three episodes were devoted to them? So yeah, that was a horrible start to the season.

[*Ok, I think you can work with Makoto having known the good Hero in Japan. I guess that works because it involves Makoto. But her whole "I can't an effective hero until I get over my trauma" crybaby thing is just a huge nothingburger we've all seen a million times before. Same thing with the Psycho Bad Guy Hero.]

I get they wanted to establish them as characters, but they were both utterly generic and I just really didn't care. Maybe I would have liked their supporting casts more, but I'll be frank, I kind of fast forwarded through a lot of their stuff. I don't know why, but I kind of like the fact that the two heroes have matching imouto characters.

Despite my boredom with them, though (or because of it), it's quite possible that my single favorite anime moment out of every show this season was Tomoe, voice dripping with scorn, saying, "Hero of the Empire, you are a hopeless piece of trash." Man, that was soooooo good. I love the voice actors on this show. And they really animated her sneeringly disdainful expression perfectly. Also pretty great when Lime called him a "goon." That's a perfect subtitle translation, because a goon is inherently kind of vulgar and low-rent. Nice word choice.

Other than that, I found the heroes pretty useless. I am miffed that we got a whole Sofia / Bad Hero fight, but Mio's big fight never really got resolved. She deserved better, although I appreciate Shiki getting a lot of coverage this season.

I also enjoy the idea that Makoto is now so powerful (and modest) that he just assumes the world around him is also powerful. His surprise when Sofia said she could destroy countries was pretty amusing. He's going to have to recalibrate his assumptions, which he seemed to be doing upon learning his meager troops wiped out an army while suffering zero casualties.

Oh, so many good moments. It's really a shame this wasn't voted to get reviewed every week so that an ongoing discussion could have been had about it. We'll have to jam the ballot box when season 3 plays.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:26 am Reply with quote
Very good news, the second season felt like an improvement upon the first one.
Yokaiu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:19 am Reply with quote
Nice
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2