• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dungeon People (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Dungeon People (TV)

Source:

Demographic:

Animation Studio:

Genres:

Themes:

Plot Summary: Clay was trained by her father to be an expert member of the thieves' guild. Since her father disappeared three years ago, she's been using her skills to search for him in a dungeon filled with goblins, a Minotaur, and all manner of other dangerous creatures.

When Clay reaches deeper than anyone ever has before, she meets the caretaker of the dungeon. To her surprise, Clay is invited to join the staff. And thus begins Clay's new job--to learn the inner workings and behind-the-scenes secrets of the dungeon from the inside.

Air Date & Platform:
July 5, 2024 (Friday)
Available on: HIDIVE

Episode Count / Runtime:
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 3:53 am Reply with quote
The first episode was a solid start. The show has plenty of charm to it and it looks like there is a lot to manage in order to make the dungeon function properly. I am especially curious about why the monsters from the demon world would sign up for a job in which they get killed, I assume they get respawned though in that case I hope that the pay is good for getting repeatedly slaughtered.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:36 am Reply with quote
I liked the first episode too. I watched this one and Quality Assurance side by side and they worked well together. I got a kick out of the slightly meta, slightly blue collar approach of running an RPG behind the scenes. I liked the MC's quiet competence, and to be honest, I find the idea of her using her analytical prowess and hard earned knowledge to make dungeons harder for the less disciplined adventurers kind of terrifying. This has the potential to get dark though I don't think it's going that way. Anyway, it's a fresh look at a fantasy standard so far.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 7:52 am Reply with quote
10 levels? Meh, they should take a field trip to Tempest's 100-floor dungeon beneath their Colliseum. With Birdie Wing's shuffle-able floors and home-grown monsters. None of this importing demon labor to stock the dungeon stuff. Rimaru knows how to run a dungeon!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1