• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One week of freedom.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy26

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:29 pm Reply with quote
So it has been a busy week.

Ate everything everywhere.
    Went on a 24 mile bike ride.
    Played Frisbee Golf.
    Ordered Frisbees from Amazon.
    Opened two bank accounts.
    Dodged Cicada dive bombers.
    Played like 15 minutes of Genshin before I forced myself to go to sleep.
    Stood in front of an Anime and Manga display at Wal-Mart today and cried. I'm not ashamed to admit it, wasn't a full on episode but I teared up pretty good. This is what it has all been for.

I just figured out how to get my headphones, and TV, and Crunchyroll to all play together and I'm going to start with Kaiju No. 8 tonight.
Life's Been good to me so far -- Joe Walsh
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Kaiju No 8 is a terrific start your journey into Crunchyroll's catalog!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:25 am Reply with quote
For sure. Just curious, Andy26 - what made you choose that one to start with?
Andy26

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
For sure. Just curious, Andy26 - what made you choose that one to start with?

Honestly it was the most recent one I was able to see a trailer of before I got out. I wanted to grab something recent in hopes of being able to contribute to any conversations that I may happen to walk into. Of course I am going to explore so many more this summer.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:41 am Reply with quote
In a few weeks, the summer season (or cour) of anime will start dropping in Japan. Most of the shows will be new. On the main page, ANN will have daily reviews of the first episode of each show as soon as possible after it drops. Keep up with the Preview Guide and you will be on the same page as the rest of us for the summer season. Looking at this and following the forum comments will give you a good idea of what you want to watch, or at least try. You can try to use any additional viewing time to get caught up on older shows.

After all, or most, of the first episodes are reviewed, ANN will run a survey to see what shows to review weekly during that season. Note that there are something between 30 and 40 shows being released each quarter along with continuing shows. Trying to watch everything will just burn you out. You will need some way of filtering the titles to decide what to watch.

On the Crunchyroll main page, if you click on the down arrow beside "Browse" you can select "New" or "Simulcast Season" to see what has been recently released on that channel. New includes older shows recently added to CR and shows that just got a dub for an additional episode.
Andy26

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2024 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Alan.
Yes I can see how easy it can be to bur ones self out with all the options but you gave me a solid gameplan to get started with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1