• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NieR:Automata Ver 1.1a Anime's New Video Reveals 2nd Part's July Debut, LiSA's Opening Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donhumberto

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:24 am Reply with quote
Yessss! Very Happy Can't freaking wait. Fingers crossed that we won't have production issues this time...
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:29 am Reply with quote
Woohoo!!! Gimme more 9S!
SP654

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, didn’t expect them to air it so soon in July
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:20 am Reply with quote
I lost interest in the first season with all the production problems, delays, and hiatuses, and I’m not optimistic the new season will go any more smoothly.
tintor2

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:36 am Reply with quote
There is a really big scene in this part of the story that only worked properly if it was a game. I can't spoil it but I wonder how the animators are gonna emulate it.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 10:17 am Reply with quote
The last season moved a bit fast and bungled its theater play flashback due to only devoting less than one ep to it but it was still a big surprise. Gaming anime is always a slog but Nier did it. A B to B- show that stood on its own.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I hope the production holds together this season. But hey, LiSA OP!
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 8:26 pm Reply with quote
please have more nier rein easter egg. i am still hurting over eos
kurichan69

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 12:56 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSS! The announcement we've been waiting for!
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 3:21 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
There is a really big scene in this part of the story that only worked properly if it was a game. I can't spoil it but I wonder how the animators are gonna emulate it.

Whatever they do, it'll never match the experience of playing it within the game, and I already feel the adaptation is really very rushed, though the changes they are putting in are intriguing, which indicates to me that there could be significant differences as we go on.

People should do themselves a favor and play the game. For those who have difficulty, it has a 'godmode' assist that you can turn on at the start using the autochips that'll handle the combat for you and make going through the game a breeze. One of the best stories in a game I've ever played, despite being my first entry into the NieR/Taro universe, which only made following up on the lore and playing Replicant later that much better.

I can see an anime adaptation of NieR happening following this, which would be easier and much more straightforward.

I hope they port NieR Reincarnation to consoles, as a regular traditional turn-based or action game, as there is some significant story development there that follows up on Automata. We know Taro and the team are doing something new, which I'm hoping is a NieR 3 proper for PS5, though knowing Square Enix is shifting to a more multi-platform strategy, it could be targeted at PS4/Switch 2 as the baseline, which I'm absolutely fine with, though getting a NieR game with the quality of Stellar Blade would be awesome if Square keeps it for PS5/Series S/X, and PC.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1