• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Princess Maker 2 Regeneration Game's Trailer Previews Animation, Confirms Delay to July 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Nine Lives reincarnated!! Lol, damn, Gainax did the ADV split.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:47 pm Reply with quote
As I understand it, all of the various Steam versions of Princess Maker currently have some really rough translations. I don't think it's that the games were machine-translated, but whoever was doing the proofing for the scripts really dropped the ball and until this trailer was announced, the best way to play it was the original translation that was never officially released publicly. PeanutButterGamer did a really great run of how off the rails the game can go.

And on that note, I'm expecting that Sony especially is gonna be requiring some segments of the game be censored down. There's a legitimate question to be asked, if a game about being responsible for a character like this should even contain some of the rougher content to begin with, but part of the charm is that if you're playing as intended, the weirder outcomes are generally contextualised as "oh wow, the Dungeon Master even thought about that eventuality too - I guess I should have tried harder not to mess this world up so badly!"

Regardless of how much of the original game makes it in, this is a pleasant surprise to see, and it's deserving of more care and proper translation than the cash-in that currently exists on Steam.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1