• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Renting out a theater to watch an anime movie?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EndlessTradeOfJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:41 pm Reply with quote
It won't be easy to pay this much by renting a theater to watch an anime movie so which is why it brought forth the question of there are groups of people who would be willing to rent a theater to watch an anime movie?

One person renting the theater, paying for the costs, taxes, etc. is too much depending on the theater which is why a group idea is brought in to lessen the financial burden. If possible, are there groups whether from anime communities and cosplay communities out there willing to rent a theater to watch an anime movie? If not, anyone here thought about it at least? Think about it, the experience of watching anime movies in theaters is an unforgettable experience meant to be cherished and treasured forever where you will hear rounds of applause and cheers that defined what anime movies truly stand for. If you don't watch your favorite anime movie in the theaters, you will never have that experience ever again and may regret it. Which is why renting a movie theater is an opportunity to witness that glorious experience.Will your desire watch your favorite movie again end on the day it came out? May not if you have the strong desire and support to continuously watch it over and over again to the degree that it shows you value that anime movie the most from the time you first saw it in the theaters.

[EDIT: Made the thread title less long-winded. -TK]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:33 am Reply with quote
Some friends of mine rented out a theater for a group of 20 or so of us when one of the Spider-Man movies came out. Didn't turn out to be that expensive, though mileage will definitely vary. (They deliberately chose a theater that wasn't in one of the busier parts of town, so that probably kept the cost down.) Don't see why this couldn't be done for an anime movie; just get a bunch of people together who are willing to equally split the cost. Doubt it could be done for a movie that's not in current circulation in theaters, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChirashiD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:55 am Reply with quote
I'd assume there is the hassle of licensing restrictions for a theater to allow screening of an anime movie. You'd have to contact the licensor of the title for permission because obviously it would be for group viewing. Although this process is not that difficult, a movie has a particular cost attached with it because it can't be used for promotion, like a series can. Theaters pay a lot of money (in the thousands) for the movies they screen, that's why it's ticketed and shown dozens of times over a period of several weeks. So that makes a single screening of a movie extremely cost prohibitive (just from the IP owner side, let alone the cost of renting the theater space).
Andy26

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:51 am Reply with quote
The Regal here in Columbia, Mo. shows older Anime films quite regularly.
I'm sure they are part of a larger chain and may have a theater near you. I know they have shown films recently such as The Cowboy Bebop Movie, Akira, etc.
Heres a link to their home page, just type Ghibli in the search box on the site and you'll see the schedule. I believe you can even put your zip code in there too so it will look for a theater near you.
Regal Theaters
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1