• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metaphor: ReFantazio Game's Trailer Reveals Fall 2024 Release, PS4/PS5 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:21 am Reply with quote
It wears it's Persona elements on it's sleeve, but has more British accents.
GoSie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:16 am Reply with quote
I am not sure about this 1. With persona it all makes sense with was happening it fwlt like you were playing a anime story/game. With this it just feels like just make it as crazy as posssible. I do want a story to make sense a little bit
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:29 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
but has more British accents.

No no that’s English Dragon Quest.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:43 am Reply with quote
Rafael, you made a multiple huge mistakes in the article:

Quote:
Metaphor: ReFantazio Game's Trailer Reveals Fall 2024 Release, PS4/PS5 Release

Quote:
The trailer reveals the game's fall 2024 release date, as well as the addition of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 releases to the previously announced Xbox Series X|S and Steam platforms.

The game was announced on June 11th only for Xbox Series and Microsoft Windows (that is not Steam) due to Microsoft paying for pointless exclusive marketing that they started doing with Scarlet Nexus by preventing the publisher (via clause) from announcing the other platforms for the next several days when we very well know no Japanese game is going to be Xbox exclusive unless Xbox own it or a very niche dev thats been developing on Xbox since 360 deciding to keep only releasing on Xbox.

On June 15th, the game was announced for PS5, PS4, and Steam by Sega Korea with Atlus releasing the trailer on June 20th. You can watch the end of the video or check the description.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:26 pm Reply with quote
GoSie wrote:
I am not sure about this 1. With persona it all makes sense with was happening it fwlt like you were playing a anime story/game. With this it just feels like just make it as crazy as posssible. I do want a story to make sense a little bit

While I agree that these trailers don't do a good job selling the story, I think it's premature to think it won't have one as good as the Persona games.

There are new videos put out taking more time to explain:

In this fantasy world, people have become more dependent on devices or tools to do magic versus the old days where magic was more of an in-bourne ability.

The King of this Kingdom dies, likely murdered. A process to democratically elect a new King begins.

Absolutely anyone can be a candidate and campaign, and their popularity is magically measured.

You play as one of those candidates.

You and your party members have the ability to transform in 'Archetypes', kind of like armored Personas, and these archetypes are formed and strengthened by how other people you meet influence you.

You travel around the world to campaign and do things for the people of various tribes.

That's pretty much all we know for now.

There is still a timeline of events and a schedule of things you have to do similar to the school semesters and boss deadlines of Persona, but now you apparently have the freedom to go to various places and do things in any order you choose, each of which have their own difficulty curves that you can leave and return to, provided you accomplish things by their own independent deadlines.

Gameplay is a mix of real-time action and turn-based commands, that you can switch between on the fly. The idea being that you can use real-time action to take out weaker enemies faster and move on, but switch to command turn-based style to strategically take out stronger enemies.

There's still a year to go, so I'm sure we'll get more trailers and info that go more into the story and characters as we go along.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1