• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 'Luffy' Crime Ring Suspects Extradited to Japan on Former One Piece Airplane

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:15 pm Reply with quote
ROFL. Yeah, I'm not buying it. Of all the planes they could have potentially used, it just happens to be the one used last year for the One Piece promo? Coincidences do happen, but this just doesn't pass the smell test. Someone wanted a laugh with a harmless prank, but didn't want any potential blowback from screwing around with a serious crime matter like that. Gonna be hard for me to give up that thought now.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:51 pm Reply with quote
DRosencraft wrote:
ROFL. Yeah, I'm not buying it. Of all the planes they could have potentially used, it just happens to be the one used last year for the One Piece promo? Coincidences do happen, but this just doesn't pass the smell test. Someone wanted a laugh with a harmless prank, but didn't want any potential blowback from screwing around with a serious crime matter like that. Gonna be hard for me to give up that thought now.

Planes get used and re-used a lot, that said, I love the coincidence too much not to get a good laugh at the multiple levels of irony.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:53 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:

Planes get used and re-used a lot, that said, I love the coincidence too much not to get a good laugh at the multiple levels of irony.

Yeah, no doubt planes get re-used all the time. That's not remotely a question. But how many planes are in service in Japan? The odds that it just happened to be this plane, for the extradition return flight of this criminal?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1