• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II Game's Introduction Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:48 am Reply with quote
I thought this would be a Visual Novel but the 2D investigation portion with various partners looks cool.
gloworm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:45 am Reply with quote
I thought Death Mark 2 was already out, but I guess it technically wasn't a numbered sequel as it was called Spirit Hunter NG.

MFrontier wrote:
I thought this would be a Visual Novel but the 2D investigation portion with various partners looks cool.

Yeah, the original was a bit more like a simple adventure game than a pure visual novel, and it looks like they've expanded on that quite a bit here.
futuresoon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll incorporate NG into this at all? Personally I thought NG was a stronger game than Death Mark, since all of the partners were important to the story and none of them felt like disposable characters that only got in the way of you picking the 'right' character for a given encounter, so I hope this one will follow that trend even if it doesn't include the NG characters. Definitely good to see the detective's back.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1