• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Uniforms!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eritz_chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to know that I wasn't the only one fantasizing about wearing a cute sailor school uniform to a public school.
(and/or actually having done it...Yeah,)
Or spending most of my math, english, and history periods actually coming up with possible school uniforms.
Also going to the Principle along your whole Anime troops and telling him/her the benefits of wearing school uniforms.
psychotim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:27 am Reply with quote
this will probably get deleted. but, i have fantasized about wearing "cute sailor school uniforms", but i was not the one wearing it. Twisted Evil
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:55 am Reply with quote
Yes, I have also fantasized about wearing cute sailor uniforms to school.
Asako

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quote
uhm.. I've thought about sewing some, but never wearing them.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:49 am Reply with quote
Umm, I haven't fantasized about about wearing a sailor uniform, but I've been to Japanese school for half my life, so I was surrounded by them. I did wear a gakuran for middle school and a blazer for high school.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quote
I'm sure the fantasy is much less alluring for those who have to wear school uniforms all the time. Funny how people want what they can't have...I'm sure many students in Japan and elsewhere fantasize about not having to wear uniforms to school, just like those crazy, free-spirited Westerners.
unhealthyman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
I'm sure the fantasy is much less alluring for those who have to wear school uniforms all the time. Funny how people want what they can't have...I'm sure many students in Japan and elsewhere fantasize about not having to wear uniforms to school, just like those crazy, free-spirited Westerners.

Hey! As a Brit, I'd like to consider myself a westerner, yet almost all of us wear school uniforms! (Admittedly I've never heard of a school in the UK that has the sailor-girl style school uniform.)

But anyway, as a guy, wearing girls school uniform has never really been a fantasy of mine. I think I'd look pretty stupid.

In fact, you could wear a cute sailor school uniform to a public school without uniform. You will get some odd looks I'd imagine, but nothing to really stop you.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quote
Welcome to ANN, Eritz_chan. I appreciate your liking of Japanese school uniforms, but your opener seems more like a random thought than a real discussion-worthy topic.

If you'd like to make another thread that discusses the trend of sailor scout uniforms and their popularity in anime, Japanese culture, and how it might be accepted in the US (if that's where you live) then go for it. But please be sure to make a good post to start things off.

I'm not asking for an essay (though making one might help prepare you for presenting the idea to your Prinipal Razz), just something a little better organized. Thanks Wink.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1