• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maria Watches Over Us Novels Have 20th Anniversary Project in the Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:17 pm Reply with quote
One of the few shoujo titles male otaku flocked in droves. Seriously, just look at the fan creations made back in the mid 2000s. Now what could this project be? Fifth season anime finally? Or bamboozle them with that spinoff about Yumi's brother?
fxg97873

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Fifth season would be awesome actually
Mertal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
I have always felt that they needed a 5th season, depicting Yumi assuming the role of Rosa Chinensis. She is the protagonist, and it just doesnt feel complete until she finally assumes the title.

And yes, I have all 4 seasons on disk, all dust free.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:51 pm Reply with quote
It would be great if the light novels themselves would be brought out over here. Light novels certainly seem to have an easier time being released nowadays then ten or fifteen years ago.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I wish Seven Seas would license the novels and manga
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:40 am Reply with quote
Maria-sama ga Miteru is pretty much my favorite TV show ever made, anime or otherwise, so any news is good news in my book.

Mertal wrote:
I have always felt that they needed a 5th season, depicting Yumi assuming the role of Rosa Chinensis. She is the protagonist, and it just doesnt feel complete until she finally assumes the title.

If they just wanted to cover the rest of Yumi's journey towards becoming Rosa Chinensis, then they could easily make a season out of the remaining four books that make up her storyline (Crown of Roses, Sparkle Sparkle Twirl, Pre-Graduation Tableau, and Hello Goodbye). Some of them lean pretty heavily on stuff that was cut out of season four, but I guess they could just have Yumi deliver some "while I was dealing with Touko, over at the photography club, Tsutako was having her own soeur problems..." voice overs.

If they had any time left after that, there's a ton of non-Yumi material they could adapt, like the previous Roses' college adventures or the stories set back when the mothers were students. God willing, they'd give us a whole episode about the secret society girls.

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
I wish Seven Seas would license the novels and manga

Back when the show was last on the air, word was that Oyuki Konno was personally opposed to an English release of any of her works. Of course, this was almost ten years ago, so her feelings may have changed a bit.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 am Reply with quote
I believe this was the very first yuri anime that I have ever watched. I am surprised we will see more of this after years of obscurity.
manapear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:15 pm Reply with quote
That's lovely~. I didn't even realize the novels were getting new printings. I'm going to start buying them soon.

I wonder if what the anniv. will bring~. Even now, some of my fave (doujin) artists still release fan content, so it'll be fun to see if there's a bit of a boom in the fandom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1