• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Super English Dub Adds Cast for 'Future Trunks' Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Welp, so much for that guy who claimed that James Marsters was voicing Zamasu.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:10 pm Reply with quote
I kind of wish they took the Jelly Vegeta route and gotten, like, Ian Corlett or Peter Kelamis, to play Goku Black. Schemmel will do fine, but that would have been awesome.

I have no idea who that guy playing Zamasu is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:

“David Gray” has literally no credits to his name, I’ve heard talk that it’s probably a pseudonym to keep Marsters out of trouble since he’s a union actor.
getumbuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 pm Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
Takkun4343 wrote:

“David Gray” has literally no credits to his name, I’ve heard talk that it’s probably a pseudonym to keep Marsters out of trouble since he’s a union actor.

Imagine if it was actually the UK singer David Gray, ha ha ha
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
I kind of wish they took the Jelly Vegeta route and gotten, like, Ian Corlett or Peter Kelamis, to play Goku Black. Schemmel will do fine, but that would have been awesome.

That would've been a nice move considering the Canadian dub's basically dead in the water (despite the well documented Canada Kai dub being a thing for years.)
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:43 pm Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:

Well it wouldn't be the first time since the same thing happened with "Dartanian Nickelback".
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:49 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Thing is Black is supposed to have the same voice as Goku. Unlike with Copy Vegeta who got a different voice actor from regular-Vegeta even in the original Japanese recording they can't have Black voiced by anyone else for important story reasons.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:03 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:

Well it wouldn't be the first time since the same thing happened with "Dartanian Nickelback".

I still can’t believe THAT was the name Dameon Clarke chose, lol.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:22 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Wouldn’t it have to be Schemmel for story reasons?
coolkidpiccolo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Takkun4343 wrote:

Well David Gray might be a pseudonym James Marsters is using.

There are hints and speculations to support this. Mainly: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOoL8ZpBxqI/
(Okay that is not binding to the theory, but the connection is strong)

Also, Clifford Chapin (voice of Cabba) after he got told who's voicing Zamasu said that "The last time I saw casting this amazing, it was Asami on The Legend of Korra".
In layman's terms: Seychelle Gabriel played Yue in The Last Airbender movie, and she voiced Asami in the Legend of Korra.
You can figure out the James Marsters relation.

That being said, it could be the biggest prank Sabat played on anyone, but if it wasn't someone big, then hiding it wouldn't be necessary. So I can bet that David Gray is a pseudonym.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 am Reply with quote
Let's hope that the dub does Black justice as Masako Nozawa did a phenomenal job playing the villain.
Vent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
David Gray AKA Mames Jarsters
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:09 am Reply with quote
lmao... I wanna see the picture where after the girl in that image tries to shoot the pistol grip shotgun like that and is clocked in the face... lol

no wait.. it would take 20 episodes for the shotgun to talk itself up and then miss hitting her at the last moment.. ;P
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I've begun to realize that you can pretty much tell whether people are familiar with Dragon Ball, or just Dragon Ball Z, by how they react when Mai appears in Dragon Ball Super promotional materials. She was such a pervasive character within the portion of the story that most American anime fans know the least about.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
I've begun to realize that you can pretty much tell whether people are familiar with Dragon Ball, or just Dragon Ball Z, by how they react when Mai appears in Dragon Ball Super promotional materials. She was such a pervasive character within the portion of the story that most American anime fans know the least about.

Well I can chime in. that I don't know who anyone in that promo picture is... Dragon Ball was never my thing..

I was amused with the picture.. and those familiar with Shotguns probably found the funny immediately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2