• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: SuperGroupies, Eva Store Add Shoes & Skirts for Shop's 4th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
These are really nice but very overpriced D: I guess that license fee? Everytime I see cute tie in clothes from Japan they're always very expensive... unless clothes really are that expensive in Japan normally? Pretty sure I could find a skirt that looks almost exactly the same for 1/4 of the price here in the US
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
These are really nice but very overpriced D: I guess that license fee? Everytime I see cute tie in clothes from Japan they're always very expensive... unless clothes really are that expensive in Japan normally? Pretty sure I could find a skirt that looks almost exactly the same for 1/4 of the price here in the US

IIRC, clothes are pretty expensive in Japan because they have to import a lot of the materials? It could also be that these clothes are crafted better than something you'd find here in a mass-produced store like H&M or Target, although I don't really know how to judge that without seeing the clothes in person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
sailornyanko

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am Reply with quote
Well, when I went to Shibuya 109 in Tokyo a bunch of times the last of which 1 year ago (if you're female and under a certain age looking for youthful clothes you are going to love this mall and want to buy everything).

The shoes were overpriced, most of it were chinese imports with jacked prices. You will fare much better buying in Mexico. A quality Andrea pair of true leather boots valued at around 80 USD that will last you ages vs a pair of fake leather boots that are made out of cheaper materials imported from China valued at around 100 USD. Yup, I didn't buy shoes in Japan that is for sure.

However I saw a lot of nice shirts and sweaters in Shibuya 109 that were both fairly priced and not too over the top that I can't find in Mexico. Last year I bought a nice cotton turtleneck grey shirt with short sleeves that cost me around 40 usd (sure, not target cheap but definitely cheaper than anything sold at El Palacio de Hierrero that's for sure). There are a few shops that sell cotton socks that reach above the knees that I literally spent hours scourging choosing between countless pairs which would be the best. The only place in Mexico where I can find real cotton socks that reach above the knees that don't suck has been in Playa del Carmen (ironically given that city is usually insanely hot rendering wearing long socks pointless). You'd think an icebox city at almost 3000 metres above sea level in the mountains like Toluca would sell that kind of stuff but unfortunately I've never seen that kind of stuff.

Those socks stores had good bargains to make the deal even sweeter. They would offer you buy 2 get 1 free. Yup, I bought a lot of socks in Tokyo.

In one of the stores I bought these uber fluffy soft and comfy knitted kitten pants that look like Stormy from the Pusheen comics. I presume Japanese girls actually wear them in the streets, I saw a handful of teenaers wearing knitted frog shorts in the trendiers parts of Tokyo but I mainly bought them as pajama pants cuse the city where I live in is always insanely cold. Those pants cost me around 25 usd, another good deal.

I saw a lot of trendy coats in the Ueno and Nihonbashi subway basement shops averaging 60-90 usd but didn't buy anything because I didn't want to carry too much weight.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Whoa. Both of them look great in those clothes.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Those Evangelion-inspired outfits are beautiful and the girls wearing them look great. Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:45 pm Reply with quote
If you go to an American store like Neiman Marcus, you still could be paying similar prices for the clothes there. Why collectors are willing to pay such high prices is something I don't get.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Not short enough
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1