• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viewster Details 1st Omakase Box

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Is it like something you install in your home? Is there the option of just watching Viewster's licensed shows online once this starts?
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
So essentially Loot Crate mixed in with a Funimation/Crunchyroll Streaming like account for Viewster shows.

Not a bad idea, price is competitive compared to a Loot Crate like subscription. Might be worth $25 to try it out.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:11 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Is it like something you install in your home? Is there the option of just watching Viewster's licensed shows online once this starts?

Viewster is a streaming service, like Hulu. You can hop on their website and just watch stuff if you want.

What the article is about is their new initiative to offer themed boxes of merchandise to subscribers. You pay the $25 fee for a 2-month subscription, and in addition to the usual subscriber-level features you would expect from a streaming service, they'll ship you a box of merchandise (the first of which will be Kill la Kill themed) as well as give you access to some digital music and comics.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:

Viewster is a streaming service, like Hulu. You can hop on their website and just watch stuff if you want.

What the article is about is their new initiative to offer themed boxes of merchandise to subscribers. You pay the $25 fee for a 2-month subscription, and in addition to the usual subscriber-level features you would expect from a streaming service, they'll ship you a box of merchandise (the first of which will be Kill la Kill themed) as well as give you access to some digital music and comics.

Ohhhh! Okay that makes much more sense!
angelo_m

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
btw the you can subscribe here for updates: http://vwstr.tv/b70z3 They are also running a nice referral program where you can get a box for free Wink
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:

Oh, that sounds pretty cool. There will be other things in that box than the manga, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1